New boiler time...

Had my first independent out today. Local and well respected. He quoted me about half of what BAG did and I am confident in him. I have 2 others booked in to look (turning into a circus act here!).

He suggested a Worcester boiler (5yr manuf. guarantee), saying the exchanger (alu V's SS) was nothing to worry about as I raised the question about Vaillant.

He did quote for a magna system (albeit a different brand) AND a anti limescale unit, though tbh, I hardly get any here. He suggested no TRV's, though I think I need 1-2 in my lounge (BG suggested 15!) as it does get unduly hot in there. Keep the basic but working wired Honeywell thermostat in the hallway.

Thought you might like to know the latest.

Will keep you up to date.

Thank you all.

Nick

Sponsored Links
I can't believe the amount of lies and libel being chatted above. If you don't know for sure about British Gas i'd keep quiet, as I could prove a lot of stuff said above wrong if I had the time.

I can't believe the amount of lies and libel being chatted above. If you don't know for sure about British Gas i'd keep quiet, as I could prove a lot of stuff said above wrong if I had the time.

Spoken like a true ****ish gas brown nose!

:LOL:

Hmm..BG aint perfect. The house I am typing from was under a BG service contract and Landlords Gas Safety Check for ten years when I lived away and rented it out.

In ten years not one of them spotted the gas pipe in the cellar is suspended on string from the central heating pipes (not done by me I hasten to add) they failed to spot that none of the gas pipe is sleeved through walls, they failed to spot the bonding is not quite up to spec (though it is bonded). They did insist on a compartment having vents when in reality its big enough not to need them. They also left the main appliance gas cock turned off after one service leaving my tenants freezing on one occasion..but we've all done that havn't we????

What really gets me was that on one of these Landlords Safety Checks the Quality Control supervisor was there and he didn't spot them either. I know because I was there that day. His role was BG box ticking, not gas safety as far as I could see...but again BG are not alone in this..been there done that etc.

Apart from the year they re-arranged without letting anybody know..and I had driven 140 miles to attend..otherwise I was fairly happy with them...but they havn't really got a high horse to sit on in my humble opinion, though they think they have at times.

Alfredo

Sponsored Links
At the end of the day, BG are only as good as the Technician doing the job - same goes for the rest of us as well ;)

Accuse people of lies and libel then say you haven't got the time to prove why. Isn't that libelous?? :rolleyes:
Say what is a lie and why or keep quiet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back