New Boiler

Kit A includes a mounting brk and the expansion vessel goes at the back of the boiler.

Kit B is a remote expansion vessel.

Sponsored Links
i would recommend the Veissmann but that will upset my friend Dan. So im sure intergas is great. however look at weather compensation to go with the new boiler.

My Son fits Viessmann, lots of them.

Every excuss under the sun to not honor the guarantee, and he gets more than enough problems with the rubbish

Sponsored Links
One page on, and my advice is exactly the same as before - including boiler size ;).

Seldom bother with the Intergas packs, just get on with fitting them.

DH be careful with your gas advice....

So doitall why does he fit them? May be he would have a problem if he fitted other boilers or maybe your exaggerating. I've fitted five in the last 4 weeks. As a company we've fitted hundreds and hardly any problems since the upgrades to the wb1a. Actually cant remember the last time I had a problem. Had to replace an atag with a blocked primary heat exchanger. Couldn't clean is as the ends are made from aluminium. But I don't run them down for that i'm sure if correctly installed they work well. Im interested in taking a look at an intergas boiler to see what the fuss is about. never come across one, and that's probably a good sign.

Nobody can run a boiler down because of a blocked heat exchanger. In fact IF you are going for a boring swirly HEX design Viessmann's clone of Giannoni's is one of the best.

Intergas' is better though.

Doitall cheers for that info, what is a.... WEATHER COMPENSATOR ..do i need that ..EXTRA. :confused:

Bell824 the only info which i think your after is on the side of the cylinder.

OPERATING PRESSURE 3bar
IMMERSION HEATER 3kw
MAX BOILER output 45kw

Dan , what do you mean by not having the.. INTERGAS ..packs you seem to have fitted a few of these boilers are they compatable with.. HEATRAE SADIA .. megaflow cylinder. The other thing, will i need my 15mm gas pipe from the meter up graded to 22mm for the flow as well the length of pipe is about 3mts ish.

Thankx for all your feed back. :cool:

The Intergas is compatible with your cylinder, as would any gas fired boiler be.

The question on the gas pipe is a odd one as the rule is about the size of the inlet of the boiler. Without a pack you have a boiler with a 15mm pipe. Buy one of the packs and you get a valve provided with a service valve that has 22mm on the inlet side so the pipe has to be that size.

If you have a 15mm supply that provides the correct volume/pressure of gas, then you don't actually want the service valve they provide.

One of my underlings got court out on this recently.

The information you provided on the cylinder is not what we need BTW.

Can the volume be tested by the engineer, and do i need the pack and what does it include or do i need it any way, and if the volume is correct just do away with that valve on the gas side.

What i have noticed on reading what people have said on the P@CH forum that the fixing kit is a bit flimsy would you agree or is that they haven't fitted such a good boiler before. :LOL: Not read any bad reports on the actual boiler itself with only 4 moving parts thats got to good when it needs it's annual servicing.
Cane :cool:

The question on the gas pipe is a odd one as the rule is about the size of the inlet of the boiler. Without a pack you have a boiler with a 15mm pipe. Buy one of the packs and you get a valve provided with a service valve that has 22mm on the inlet side so the pipe has to be that size.
I saw you advice to be careful re gas. Are you saying that the 'rules' say that, if the boiler connection is 22mm, you have to have a 22mm pipe all the way back, at least to the previous junction or possibly to the meter, even if a 15mm pipe is capable of carrying the required flow of gas within the 1mb pressure drop?

What is wrong with having a 15mm pipe for most of the length and connecting it to a short length of 22mm just before the boiler?

The engineer should calculate the size from the number of bends and the length of the pipe against all your gas appliances. One alternative is to suck it and see. Put the boiler on and measure the pressure. If it is too low, then the pipe needs upgrading. If it is right then happy days. Still doesn't mean, if you use a kit with the 22mm valve in it that you can leave your 15mm supply pipe. It can/will invalidate the warranty.

We have only used the kits a couple of times and no they;re not the sturdiest thing in the world, but once the boiler is hung on it that is pretty irrelevant.

I have kit A and the back plate on mine, which was a plumbase blunder as I ordered kit B :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back