New combi boiler, old (1970s) pipes underground & concerns about pressure/leaks

It's more about whether folk would go for combi & do a full refit or maybe opt for the system with lower pressure and use existing 1970s pipes?
fair point,different customers have different needs & demands. Every customer is different :mrgreen:

Usually getting a heating installer (not a plumber) to visit & discuss what you want is how its done,they will have the onsite opportunity to walk your property and work out what is possible.

They can also do some tests on your incoming mains water supply if you want a combination gas boiler,we have no idea of your property or your needs & demands and i doubt google or :mrgreen: will be of any help.

I think I'd be living here for about 10 years and want a system that will be useful for me and those who might buy a house from me later down the line...

Thats part of needs & demands but who knows what the next occupiers will want,i can say they will expect a recently fitted system to professional fitted and is suitable for the property.

lots of options :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Radiators can never be too big.

Decent combi with a decent OpenTherm or equivalent thermostat with the biggest radiators you can fit in the space and you're golden.

What percentage of experienced installers contribute to this public forum, less than 1% maybe,

Totally irrelevant. The point being we know far more than you.

As you have no knowledge of my experience and information sources you cannot make that statement

The inane bullschit you continually post is evidence enough.

and that good reason is ?

Self evident. But seeing as once again you are being wilfully ignorant:

• Simplicity
  • Durability
  • Flexibility
Maybe plumber folk have opinions on these

Do not buy anything from that bunch of con artists. Or any other of those discount websites that look like carbon copies of each other, and that seem to be running perpetual sales events.

It's all low quality crap imported en-mass with no spares or meaningful back up.

Sponsored Links
Totally irrelevant. The point being we know far more than you.

You obviously know more than I do.

The relevant point is that the vast majority of professionals do not contribute to DIYnot.

Those who do not contribute will have a wide range of opinions that are different to yours but just as valid as yours.

People asking questions here and only here will not have access to the opinions of those professionals who do not post here.

• Simplicity
  • Durability
  • Flexibility

Good reasons I agree.

But there are other things to consider, mostly the difference between operation in a test facility and operation in a a real life domestic situation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back