New combi required, under 700mm high?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Replacing an old heater with a new combi(3 bed detached house)....

It must go in the same place, under the stairs. Height of the back wall is 1070mm to the stairs, then obviously goes up as the stairs climb. So any new combi needs to be around >700mm high....

Had a look at a few and keep coming back to the Worcester 28i junior. Any other recommendations? Want a decent brand and a quality boiler really.

Sponsored Links
Is that 700mm high with flue, if it it is your going to struggle. Add at least 200mm from top of boiler to comply with some manufacturers specifications..

Just re-read :oops: anything greater than 700mm. Iwould get your chosen installer to have a look because extra regs involved under the stairs, and running pipework can also be an issue.

The WB 28I Junior has no adjustable hot water thermostat.

I prefer to fit Remeha Avanta combis. Not only are they reliable and very quiet, but compacts as well. When you say you are after a boiler less than 700mm height, have you allowed extra for the flue and pipes underneath, plus access room for fitting and maintenance?

The Avanta is 670mm high, and only needs 5mm clearence either side. See photo for clearnces required.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies, the area is like this cross section:

2jayttv.jpg

If I allow for approx 200mm under the boiler, and around 200mm above so 700+200+200=1100....

Should just be OK. Worst comes to worst I can always bring the back wall where the boiler is going further forward which will gain extra height from the pitch of the stairs.

wouldnt you be better with a vertical flue? would look much neater

As I interpret his senario that vertical flue would then be going through his stairs ???

There does not seem to be a reason why the boiler should not be moved towards the left to increase the available headroom.

Furthermore, the 200 mm above clearance only needs to apply to the center part where the flue exits.

Tony

As I interpret his senario that vertical flue would then be going through his stairs ???

oops yeh good point :oops: i was just looking at the diagram and thought it was a roof . I'm a bit of a vertical kit fanboy :D

It must go in the same place, under the stairs. Height of the back wall is 1070mm to the stairs, then obviously goes up as the stairs climb. So any new combi needs to be around >700mm high....

I think he gives a strong clue here!

Are you going to Atmos?

Goodnight

Tony

Had a look at a few and keep coming back to the Worcester 28i junior. Any other recommendations? Want a decent brand and a quality boiler really.
WB junior and i/si series are not exactly a quality product.

Apart from that, your chosen location might not be suitable for the new boiler.

Your best bet is to find a good RGI to do the job, tell him your requirements, and then let him get on with it.

Markwm

Your diagram shows 1070 height, but what are the measurements across?

From the diagram in my previous post, you may notice that the flue on the Remeha is slightly left-of-centre. Sometimes it works in your favour with these boilers, sometimes it doesn't, depending on the location.

the width is not a problem, according to the diagram you posted, those dimensions are perfect. Going to look into them, thanks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back