New Google Calendar app for Android

JBR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Following a recent update, my Google Calendar app now displays with a horrible new format. Is there any way I can revert to the earlier format?
I messaged Google Calendar, but received only stock answers which don't address my problem.

Sponsored Links
Following a recent update, my Google Calendar app now displays with a horrible new format. Is there any way I can revert to the earlier format?
I messaged Google Calendar, but received only stock answers which don't address my problem.
I've just this second upgraded mine and yes, the new format is awful. Style over Substance and a Week now only has 5 days.
Looks like you can't regress to an earlier version either :(

You may have some luck here

There are previous version of Google calendar listed for download and installation.

There are previous version of Google calendar listed for download and installation.

Thanks Eddie. That looked promising but, unfortunately, when I clicked each of the earlier versions listed (back to 2 October) each one appeared to be the same as the new version.

Sponsored Links

Thanks Eddie. That looked promising but, unfortunately, when I clicked each of the earlier versions listed (back to 2 October) each one appeared to be the same as the new version.

You mean you downloaded and installed them? You didn't try to download from Playstore did you, that's just gonna leading to the latest one.

You mean you downloaded and installed them? You didn't try to download from Playstore did you, that's just gonna leading to the latest one.

No, I used the Play Store. Are this site's own downloads trustworthy? I wanted to check the appearance of the app first to make sure it was the right one.

Edit: I just tried to download to my phone direct from the site and received a warning message, so declined.

No, I used the Play Store. Are this site's own downloads trustworthy? I wanted to check the appearance of the app first to make sure it was the right one.

Well.... they claim to be.... caveat emptor! Anyhow, say it's legit, if you have auto update switched on it's only gonna update it again! ;)

Well.... they claim to be.... caveat emptor! Anyhow, say it's legit, if you have auto update switched on it's only gonna update it again! ;)

Yes, I think I'll wait and try a third-party app.

Yes, I think I'll wait and try a third-party app.

You can turn the auto update off. Then *all* you need to do is satisfy yourself its a kosher app. Unfortunately I can't tell you for definite whether or not it is.

Also if you felt brave and were to give it a try, I imagine you'd have to synch your existing calendar data to google+ uninstall the new calendar app then re-install the old one, then resynch the application.... simples!

Well i tried it downloaded an older version, installed it, seemed ok, uninstalled it ran an anti virus / malware check, nothing reported.

Over to you!

Wow! That was easier than I thought.

I just went into Settings/Apps/Calendar and clicked Uninstall Updates.

The trashy new app is now gone, and the far superior original one is back.

Sponsored Links
Back