New oil boiler and Evohome

Not to confuse matters but have you seen Firebirds latest oil boiler, not thr blu flame option but the one with what is in effect an anti cycle device to cut the flame during thr demand sequence to control short cycling at lower loads.

We haven't fitted one yet but will have a better look at the detail when the next oil install rolls around.

Sponsored Links
I'd rather have a Hounsfield Tuscan boiler - physically smaller, better built, cheaper, comes pre-set to your individual heat load requirement (a Danesmoor 18/25 will always come set at 25kW and you'll have to pay extra for any other heat output, whereas a Tuscan will come at whatever kW output you request when ordering). Generally a better boiler. It's what I chose when I put a new boiler in my place

Modulating oil boilers are available on the continent but are about £5k to buy and the UK market won't pay that much

Evohome is apparently very good...I have to say that my experience with it so far has been less than impressive but that might be down to either bad luck or installer error
Poor advice pal, all wb oilers come mid setting, and often its just a matter of setting up air ratio to put it to 18 or 25 kw.

Agree with simond, wave is only compatable to the heatslave 2 combi. And agree with dan, oilers dont modulate

Didn't know you could run WAVE into Heatslave II? Are you sure?

Sponsored Links
Spoke to Worcester HQ man today at Calor Gas installer event, and he says as far as Worcester are concerned, WAVE is not compatible with Heatslave II.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back