New oven tripping - now with pictures

Sponsored Links
Correct - i think these are for a dissused alarm system I'll try disconnect them tonight.
If not used then you could leave them there.

Or should I move the oven to the other N bar?
You could do that -

OR

If you feel comfortable doing it, all that needs to be done is:

View attachment 102880

That is - connect the left N bar to the middle N bar instead of the right N bar.
That is the only fault.

I'm just getting my head round this, why the hell would an electrician do this?
heres his website - still touting the NAPIT and Electric safe! http://www.a-aelectrics.co.uk/

There was tripping when using the angle grinder.

Yeah thats why i called him out the first time - he "sorted" this but recommended a new CU as the wiring of the existing one was "bad" which i thought was a good idea not knowing the history of the house :(

I'm getting a little confused.

Is the oven the only circuit in the left Neural bar which is in use?

He wouldn't do it on purpose - just got confused or the blue cables mixed up.

Sponsored Links
I'm getting a little confused.

Is the oven the only circuit in the left Neural bar which is in use?

He wouldn't do it on purpose - just got confused or the blue cables mixed up.

As far as I'm aware yes as there is no power to the alarm and its not turned on anyware.

I've noticed something else;
Capture1.JPG

Please excuse my shoddy drawing - The big pink circle to the left is everything connected to the N bar in question plus the oven (I believe to be the alarm or something else not in use as i can't trace it) BUT as you can see theres 3 neutrals connected and only 2 Lives, WTF? Theres a brown live missing!

The original borrowed neutral?

It may be worth disconnecting it from the neutral bar and and seeing
1. if the oven now works
2. is anything else has stopped working.

but this is all guesstimation stuff and not a recommended way to fault find electrical problems.

it really needs an experienced head on site.

... you've all helped me learn a little more about my setup which I can inform the electrician about when he comes.
Fair enough - but I think you'll find that any competent electrician will only need to glance at that CU to realise that it has been configured (and quite possibly wired) inappropriately.

Kind Regards, John

I'm just getting my head round this, why the hell would an electrician do this?
heres his website - still touting the NAPIT and Electric safe! http://www.a-aelectrics.co.uk/
I love how it says 'Making good connections' at the top of every page! Perhaps he has terrible eyesight? I also read the testimonials and I thought it was odd that they are all written in the same poor way as the rest of the website...

I would be so ashamed to put in wiring like that, to then charge a customer for it is just mind boggling.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back