New oven tripping - now with pictures

Sponsored Links
Correct - i think these are for a dissused alarm system I'll try disconnect them tonight.
If not used then you could leave them there.

Or should I move the oven to the other N bar?
You could do that -

OR

If you feel comfortable doing it, all that needs to be done is:

View attachment 102880

That is - connect the left N bar to the middle N bar instead of the right N bar.
That is the only fault.

Hi All,

Thank you so much @EFLImpudence you were spot on, I connected the Left N bar to the middle N Bar and hey presto all working! Thank you so much, please PM me your email I have a small token of my appreciation for you! :)

This has been a shoddy job from start to finish and thats getting an experienced and (supposed!) accredited electrician to do the job!

Thanks for everything here guys, unsung heros in my eyes!

John

Sponsored Links
Heres the photos if anyone is interested in his handy work;

BEFORE connecting Left N bar to Middle N bar;

20160802_183101.jpg

AFTER connecting Left N bar to Middle N Bar
20160802_184634.jpg

I really hope that Trustmark and NAPIT take him to the cleaners

Maybe Trustmark and NAPIT need to improve their vetting procedures. Those processes are obviously inadequate if the "tradesmen" they "approve" lack the morality to always carry out work in a safe and compliant manner.

Maybe Trustmark and NAPIT need to improve their vetting procedures. Those processes are obviously inadequate if the "tradesmen" they "approve" lack the morality to always carry out work in a safe and compliant manner.
But he is not approved by anybody. he has been falsely using the NAPIT and Trustmark logos on his website. Searches of his company show that he is not a member of any of them.
In fact, i see that the NAPIT logo has now been taken off his website (that's some progress). The TrustMark logo is still there, at the moment it says that he is also on the ElectricSafe Register. He is not.

I hadn't noticed that the cowboy wa not registered with the organisations.

It is not impossible for organisations to set up a bot that scans the internet looking for websites displaying their logos and then verify whether the company has the right to display the logo.

The issue I have with it now is all (bar the boiler neutral) current is going through the blue wire which appears to be smaller than the one between the main switch and left hand rail, is it adequately rated?

If I understand, the main neutral conductor does look bigger than the others but then it is also considerably bigger than the incoming tails so I don't think it is anything to worry about.

upload_2016-8-3_15-15-6.png

The RCD is only rated at 63A.

It would appear that, because of the initial fault and as the busbar has been cut and then used for all (except one) MCBs, a second RCD has been removed to enable fitting of a separate MCB for the boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back