New shower enclosure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm hoping to get a new shower enclosure but will be keeping existing tray. There will be some damage to the tray/tile seal when the old enclosure is removed can I just repair with extra sealant or would the advice be to replace the old seal completely before going ahead and fitting new enclosure?
Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Sponsored Links
Why would there be any damage? Most shower doors and frames are just siliconed down. The walls are usually where the screws are. Are you replacing tiles etc...

The tray may just need old silicone cleaning off.

Enclosure is siliconed in... seal round tray will be impacted to some extent. So it's damage to that seal that I'm talking about. Anyway, old seal is nearly ten years old and, importantly you seem to be recommending a new seal round the tray anyway.
Thanks!

Enclosure is siliconed in... seal round tray will be impacted to some extent. So it's damage to that seal that I'm talking about. Anyway, old seal is nearly ten years old and, importantly you seem to be recommending a new seal round the tray anyway.
Thanks!

Is it just a silicone seal or a rubber type?

Your new enclosure will either come with a new seal or require new sealant

Sponsored Links
20190308_193550.jpg

The seal I'm wondering about is the white seal round the tray. When the metal uprights for the frame come out the seal will be pulled off too. So question is should it be patched or should I re-seal entire tray?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back