New Watch

Sponsored Links
Can you still get a Timex?

Yup. In the end, I got one!

This one: The strap I took off my old watch. I think it looks better than the factory-fitted tan strap.

upload_2017-8-19_15-50-17.png

That's a nice Timex. (y)

.........It's got a bracelet but I went out to the Omega boutique last week to price up a leather strap and clasp - you have to buy them separately. £180. EACH! So that'll have to be my Christmas present.

If I'm paying £360 for a strap, I'd need to be really sure of it. To get an idea, I bought a similar coloured leather one off of eBay for £17.75, bought myself a spring bar removal tool and fitted it myself. Really suits the vintage look and matches the lume of the watch, it's comfortable and a lot lighter than the bracelet. I'm keeping it. The savings on the Omega one can go towards my Christmas watch!

normal_IMG_1417.JPG

normal_image2.JPG

normal_image1.JPG

Why thank you! But not as noice as your Omega!

The stitching on your strap is identical to mine, but the leather on mine is darker.

My Dad's got an old Omega (don't know which one) and I have always fancied one down the years, but they seem to be getting more expensive every time I look!

Sponsored Links
Yeah, they can be a bit expensive. My wife bought me mine for my 60th birthday. Says she'll start saving now and get me another one for my 120th!

Why thank you! But not as noice as your Omega!

The stitching on your strap is identical to mine, but the leather on mine is darker.

My Dad's got an old Omega (don't know which one) and I have always fancied one down the years, but they seem to be getting more expensive every time I look!

I bought my Breitling from Goldsmiths on interest free credit, 10% deposit and the rest over 9 or 10 months I think, it was nearly 20 years ago but they still offer the same credit, it was the only way I could ever afford an expensive watch

SS wouldn't need credit to buy his Timex. I'd be interested to hear what he thinks about the quality. When I got my watch it kept steaming up because there was no O ring seal on the back. A few £'s on EBay and I now have a lifetime's supply.

SS wouldn't need credit to buy his Timex. I'd be interested to hear what he thinks about the quality.

Of course he wouldn't, id be very surprised if someone would need credit for a Timex, but a Timex isn't a Breitling, at the time I didn't have 2k lying around waiting to be spent on a watch

Looked at all the big watchsellers online, priced at 90 - 100.
Argos had it for 70. What's not to like?

Expensive watches are great until you bust 'em. I don't want to spend a huge amount on a watch for this reason.
My last watch (90) would have cost far more than its purchase price to fix, hence this replacement.

I'd be interested to hear what he thinks about the quality. When I got my watch it kept steaming up because there was no O ring seal on the back.
Well, only had it since Friday, but it does not seem to be steaming up. Have dunked it under water seversal times and it seems OK. It is proof to 10 ATM, so the odd splash shouldn't be an issue.
It has a similar chunkiness to the old watch but it feels a little lighter and the buckle does not feel as solidly made.
But it was 20 quid cheaper.

Looked at all the big watchsellers online, priced at 90 - 100.
Argos had it for 70. What's not to like?

Expensive watches are great until you bust 'em. I don't want to spend a huge amount on a watch for this reason.
My last watch (90) would have cost far more than its purchase price to fix, hence this replacement.

Expensive watches aren't for everyone but for me it's a fetish, it started over 20 years ago when the gadget show was reviewing a Breitling emergency, the yellow dial did it for me and from that day I've always hankered for a yellow dialled watch and if funds allowed one day get a yellow dial emergency

Sponsored Links
Back