NEWBIE CIRCULAR SAW QUERY

Sponsored Links
I remember that bloke, although can't remember his name. He posted what he was planning to do on this forum and Joe90 told him he was nuts and not to do it. A couple of days later he was on the news.
I can hardly believe that was 13 years ago already. And, the name is on the tip of my tongue and, I can picture him.
Can anybody jog my memory?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Jigsaw and a lenght of wood as a guide for me.
I've done this the same way you do - for the same reasons

...and Joe90 told him he was nuts and not to do it. A couple of days later he was on the news.
Which considering some of the rowlocks Joe used to come out with was quite something, I suppose

I can hardly believe that was 13 years ago already. And, the name is on the tip of my tongue and, I can picture him.
Can anybody jog my memory?

It was notb665

A cheapo jig saw could wiggle all over the place even with a batten.
Yes, but if the guide is placed on the side to be retained (the lover bit), the jigsaw could only wonder upwards and the cut retaken from where it wondered off.
A good blade will make the operation very easy to control and it would be the safest option.

Hi All

I am planning to buy my first circular saw (hopefully nothing expensive).

I have a featherboard edge fence erected that is too high on one side and I need to cut it horisontally to level all the top up. The fence is already erected.

Can you tell me what circular saw you would recommend and in particular what ? fine blade would I need to do this and not splinter the wood?

Thank you in advance

paulie
I used my cordless circular saw to trim feather edge fence, no kick back no problem, jigsaw and recip saw use up down motion which just rips chunks out the fence as feather edge is thin and weak.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back