News black out for speaking outside a court ? Arrested and sentenced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
He was arrested to shut him up because they do not want him reporting the truth of these things.
I watched the whole broadcast, he was not being racist or offensive - he was talking common sense and asking legitimate questions.

Breaking bail my arse!

Sponsored Links
I watched the whole broadcast, he was not being racist or offensive - he was talking common sense and asking legitimate questions.
Perhaps you will be good enough to post his comments so that we can all decide for ourselves whether he was being racist/offensive or not.

How come you were so interested in this case that you were watching the whole broadcast?

News black out for speaking outside a court ? Arrested and sentenced
Wrong.

You may however know that media stories about ongoing trials is not allowed where it may prejudice the result of a trial, for example by influencing jurors. Making speeches outside a court would also be prejudicial.

Excited stories in the press sometimes leads to the abandonment of trials, which is a great expense to us taxpayers, and prevents justice being served.

Perhaps gasbag has some reason for wanting the court case to fail.

Tommy Robinson has a YouTube channel and the police have a lengthy case file on him, as they do most political activists.

If one of this bail conditions was to stop exercing his right to free speech then that is completely unlawful. I'm yet to see what actual crimes he has committed besides mortgage fraud which is a civil matter.

Last edited:
He was arrested to shut him up because they do not want him reporting the truth of these things.

Wrong.

He was arrested for breaking the terms of his bail conditions.

As you may know, he was allowed to walk free after being convicted and sentenced for one of his crimes (he has a number of convictions, for assault, using a fake passport, and mortgage fraud, among other crimes) but had a suspended sentence hanging over his head.

He decided that he would break the terms of his bail conditions, thereby activating his return to prison.

If one of this bail conditions was to stop exercing his right to free speech then that is completely unlawful.
Unless his 'free speech' was breaking the law.
If the law cannot be upheld on the steps of a courthouse, it makes a mockery of the law. So I suspect those places do get special attention.

Unless his 'free speech' was breaking the law.
If the law cannot be upheld on the steps of a courthouse, it makes a mockery of the law. So I suspect those places do get special attention.

No judge in this country can lawfully take away a man's freedom of speech. It's completely unlawful. The judge is corrupt and doing the bidding of a tyrannical government.

Let us put this into context and clear up any misconceptions.
Tommy Robinson was given suspended sentence in 2017 for attempting to interfere in the due process of justice. (Innocent until proven guilty).
One of the conditions was that he did not commit a similar offence.
Mr Robinson was given a suspended sentence for contempt of court in May 2017 after he tried to film four men who were on trial accused of raping a teenage girl.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/63766...e-edl-arrested-facebook-video-grooming-trial/
Robinson is already under a suspended sentence for committing contempt of court over a gang rape case heard in Canterbury last year.
Judge Heather Norton handed him a three months imprisonment in May last year but suspended it for 18 months on the condition he did not commit further offences.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ooming-trial-edl-founder-latest-a8368821.html
But he did commit the very same offence as he had been convicted of prior.
ENGLISH Defence League founder Tommy Robinson was today arrested on suspicion of breaching the peace while filming outside court.
The 35-year-old was at Leeds Crown Court on Friday morning and started a live feed on his Facebook page as a child grooming case continued.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/63766...e-edl-arrested-facebook-video-grooming-trial/

It looks like a very clear cut case of breaching his suspended sentence conditions irrespective of the other details of the incident.
One can argue about whether the conditions imposed were just or reasonable, but it is very silly to breach those conditions, without firstly making the arguments, by appeal or similar, about those conditions being just or reasonable.

If I am prosecuted for having no TV licence, and I try to prove that the prosecution is not fair or just by not buying a TV licence, I can expect the full weight of the law.

Let us put this into context and clear up any misconceptions.
Tommy Robinson was given suspended sentence in 2017 for attempting to interfere in the due process of justice. (Innocent until proven guilty).
One of the conditions was that he did not commit a similar offence.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ooming-trial-edl-founder-latest-a8368821.html
But he did commit the very same offence as he had been convicted of prior.https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/63766...e-edl-arrested-facebook-video-grooming-trial/

It looks like a very clear cut case of breaching his suspended sentence conditions irrespective of the other details of the incident.
One can argue about whether the conditions imposed were just or reasonable, but it is very silly to breach those conditions, without firstly making the arguments, by appeal or similar, about those conditions being just or reasonable.

If I am prosecuted for having no TV licence, and I try to prove that the prosecution is not fair or just by not buying a TV licence, I can expect the full weight of the law.

If bail conditions are unlawful they are unlawful. Just because judges routinely use anti-freedom of speech legislation to silence political opposition routinely it does not make it lawful.

You and certain other animals here don't care about the UK or defending it. That's fine. I take serious issue when you try to batter down a man that does.

Some of you will have been as surprised as I was that this case is being debated on another forum. One of the moderators on that site posted this video and said
Anyone interested just how the system has targeted him because of what he represents and the fact he exposes the failings of the authorities, the courts and the government, here's a link, even if you detest the guy, it's good to actually get an insight into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back