Next time, don't answer the phone...

Sponsored Links
Having gone through bouts of depression throughout my adult life and doing the usual "cry for help" er, "activities" that sometimes tend to emerge during such times, I'm convinced that actually carrying through the ultimate act of suicide is a different ball game altogether which may not involve self pity. As sooey so poignantly explained a few weeks ago when we were looking at that fella who topped his kids then himself in some woodland somewhere, some people think that this sort of behaviour is done through spite against those left to see the deed. IMHO thisf makes the whole activity pointless since it logically requires the perpetrator to reap the rewards of his ire. Sooey also kindly clarified that i ain't the only person to get ,er, "head" problems from time to time.

Trouble is that by definition those who have reached a new level of mental failure which ends in suicide aren't around to confirm any theory.

Sponsored Links
The bigger issue is - as usual the failures of the establishment and the British Blame Culture :rolleyes: Lord wotsisface who runs the hospital is condemming the Aussies - the media are having a field day . This poxy useless country sucks - The deceased lady probaby believed that she would face a serious disciplinary action - maybe without the backing of any form of Union or representation . Victorian Values at work .

Totally agree there Nige. The whole thing just stinks, the aussies will get 100% of the blame, and the circus show will continue as if nothing happened.

Who knows? She might have thought this, she might have thought that. It might have not been related to the phone call at all. Nobody can have the foggiest clue what precisely caused such a serious psycological or psychiatric malfunction.

Totally agree there calorific. The whole thing just stinks, the aussies will get 100% of the blame, and the circus show will continue as if nothing happened.

I,m so outraged by this, I will comment, even though I know none of the facts.

Absolutely NO selfishness involved at all. That person has now found their peace.

The selfishness comes from people that don't understand.

Try explainig that to her kids. :rolleyes: I wonder what they think of their mum topping herself.

"Dont understand". Give me a break. Selfish, weak, unsympathetic sum up the first few words I think of.

Dex, you wanted manslaughter charges and then typed that her demise may have had nothing to do with the phone call. We'll never know now, will we.

Try explainig that to her kids. :rolleyes: I wonder what they think of their mum topping herself.
She became unwell and died.

"Dont understand". Give me a break. Selfish, weak, unsympathetic sum up the first few words I think of.
She became unwell and died. If you became unwell with, say a heart attack and died, would that be selfish, weak and unsympathetic? If you became unwell with, say a tumor and died, would that be selfish, weak and unsympathetic? If you became unwell with, say a stroke and died, would that be selfish, weak and unsympathetic? She became ill, the result was that it was not possible to cure her.

Dex, you wanted manslaughter charges and then typed that her demise may have had nothing to do with the phone call. We'll never know now, will we.
If it was down to them then it is manslaughter IMO since they made her unwell. If it wasn't then who knows? Nothing contradictory about holding these views.

Person tops themselves for whatever reason, but people want to blame those who apparently 'humiliated her'...

Simon Cowell should tread carefully from now on... ;)

Maybe this is relevant; maybe not:

I heard on the news this morning that the Aussie radio station tried to contact the hospital five times to ask for permission to broadcast the show.

Well I think it's disgraceful the female dj doesn't look like her promo pictures. obviously been munching on mars bars since they were taken and turned into a bit of a porker.

Absolutely NO selfishness involved at all. That person has now found their peace.

The selfishness comes from people that don't understand.

You're so wrong. A tortured soul finding peace. Fact.

The truth is, someone in the depths of depression can't rationalize as to the feelings of those left behind. Tunnel vision. How is that selfish?????

My girlfriend killed herself in 1998, while I was on holiday with the boys.
I live with that guilt every single day. She suffered terrible bouts of depression, but never once did I consider her selfish for doing it.
She's at peace.

Sponsored Links
Back