NHS chiefs tell Theresa May it is time to curb privatisation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
https://www.theguardian.com/society...ivatisation-automatic-tendering-care-contract

NHS leaders want Theresa May to scrap Conservative legislation that forces the tendering of contracts for care, in a move which could dramatically reduce privatisation of key health services.

In the latest long-term plan, which maps out the NHS’s future over the next 10 years, Simon Stevens, the chief executive of NHS England, demands that the prime minister repeals significant key sections of the Health and Social Care Act 2012.

The document, which Downing Street has endorsed, warns that the legislation, which was pushed through by the then health secretary, Andrew Lansley, despite huge opposition, is damaging the NHS and stopping it from making vital improvements to the care patients receive. It outlines how Lansley’s shake-up has damaged the NHS, which May has previously acknowledged.

This would be very important - the 2012 Act was madness. This isn't about public good and private bad, it's about using private providers when it's prudent and not in every case.

Sponsored Links
Ain't gonna happen...

The septics have their eyes on the NHS post-brexit, and there are too many tory MP's with links to private healthcare companies to make her do so!

Ain't gonna happen...

The septics have their eyes on the NHS post-brexit, and there are too many tory MP's with links to private healthcare companies to make her do so!
Will you ever get over brexit LAL..I doubt it.

Remembering that the anti-EU moaners have been grumbling and whining for more than 40 years, it seems only fair that pro-EU people should be allowed to speak up.

Although within about 5 years the UK will decide to rejoin in some way.

Sponsored Links
So which side of the Brexit argument claimed that they would put the EU money 'saved' into the NHS?

I saw it on the side of a red bus so it must be true :LOL:

But hey, don't come moaning when you need a healthcare top-up payment to get the same treatment as you do now!

And as for fixated on Brexit, quitters are completely oblivious to the fact that it is their own UK government that causes their problems, not the EU...

Conveniently they forget to address that fact!

Last edited:
Remembering that the anti-EU moaners have been grumbling and whining for more than 40 years, it seems only fair that pro-EU people should be allowed to speak up.
Yep, the dumb quitters tend to forget all about that...

One single referendum is the only democratic way to proceed according to them - when convenient of course!

There have been 2 referendums old bean :ROFLMAO:
Exactly...

You've finally caught on!

Linky Linky

You know as well as I do, every understands what is meant by a second referendum.

Its funny, I dont remember in 2016 everybody saying, how are you voting in the second referendum.....

Better look down at your shoe laces, 'cos you are tripping up over almost everything - and at an increasing rate :LOL:

Yep, the dumb quitters tend to forget all about that...

One single referendum is the only democratic way to proceed according to them - when convenient of course!
And a general election !!dumb moaners still couldnt get uncle Jezza in

And a general election !!dumb moaners still couldnt get uncle Jezza in
What's that got to do with it?

Of course it does however show that if you put too many variables in front of a quitter it's brain cell goes 'a over t' :)

Better look down at your shoe laces, 'cos you are tripping up over almost everything - and at an increasing rate

You are the one contradicting yourself -luckily you were perceptive enough to realise I was point that out.....oh wait a minute, oh no you werent :ROFLMAO:

Poor old notchy...

Shown up yet again but deluded enough to ignore the evidence of his duplicity...

And the bad grammar tells us another story as well ;)

Next you'll be telling us that the clergy have nothing to do with the democratic process.
Oh that's right - you've already proved your ignorance on that as well...

New Year not starting very well for you is it notchy :LOL:

Poor old notchy...

Shown up yet again but deluded enough to ignore the evidence of his duplicity...

And the bad grammar tells us another story as well ;)

Next you'll be telling us that the clergy have nothing to do with the democratic process.
Oh that's right - you've already proved your ignorance on that as well...

New Year not starting very well for you is it notchy :LOL:

Oh do be careful what you say, we wouldn't want the thread deleted or locked now would we. :whistle:

What's that got to do with it?

Of course it does however show that if you put too many variables in front of a quitter it's brain cell goes 'a over t' :)
Lal,,your brains are still pickled from your christmas sherry trifle,keep up.

Oh do be careful what you say, we wouldn't want the thread deleted or locked now would we. :whistle:
Depends on how stupid you want to look I guess, notchy...

Although as has been demonstrated by your worn out finger nails and a coopers product, it's plain for all to see the depths that you will resort to ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back