No access to ceiling rose but....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to add another light and switch.The last fiittng on the circuit is a rose but I can't access it as it is in the void between the original ceiling and the lowered ceiling I installed a few years back
I can however access the 2 cables in the loft that connect to the rose.

Can I add a junction box here ?

Sponsored Links
Provided the junction box is accessible, then yes. One of the cables to the rose will be for the switch - you need to connect into the other one.

Hello Diz.
Your 'lowered' ceiling has left the existing 'connection points' un-accessible ?? Not good news. :( .
Is it possible/are you competent/ happy to access the existing cable connections and make them all 'accessible', then you can connect for your new fit your new light and switch to a better standard ?.
Hope this helps.

Ed

I wasnt expecting to need access when I did it Edward.We live and learn.

flamesport,I've traced the existing cabling to the switch and from the next rooms ceiling rose.

So I'll just add a junction box then.
Cheers

Sponsored Links
:rolleyes: Looks like the 'Flame' has gone out for now.

Yes Diz.
So long as you feel happy to isolate the circuit etc etc, then if you pick up the 'feed' cable (perm L. N. E ) then you can either run it to the switch and on to the light, or to the light with a switch line down to the switch.

Hope this helps

Ed

Big Oops ! is this circuit RCD protected ? Sorry. :oops:

Don't forget, you don't have to get the feed from the last ceiling rose; any rose would do if permanent live and neutral is there.

If you wanted access to that rose in the void perhaps you could make a whole in the loft through the original ceiling.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back