No bonding at all

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
How often do you come across a property with no main or supplementary bonding at all? The first two houses I have working on have been like this. I thought it was going to be a rare occurence...
Regards, Mike.

Sponsored Links
Sadly they are quite common (but not for me thankfully - factory sparky :D ). Some we see on here don't even have main earths!

No main bonding is quite rare but no supplementary bonding is quite a regular occurrence IMO.

A nightmare. Running a 10mm cable across a 'decorated' house isnt easy when the customer thinks you are going over the top. Guess it all comes down to experience...

Sponsored Links
Yup, but it has got to be done, if you are wanting it to comply with BS7671.

Do not do a lot of domestic.

But in say three years found one with nothing ,not even the board was connected to the supply cable earth .

A lot of the others had undersized or either gas or water bond missing.

When I was doing domestic I'd say 1 in 5 houses I worked in had no bonding at all, and of the remainder, maybe half of those were undersized.

Cross bonding was pretty scarce too.

Supp bonding in a bathroom is a (relatively) new concept.
Main bonding not so new, but many are undersize on non exisent even yet.
In fact some houses were "Wired for Gas" as they say

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back