no earth bonding

If so it is highly unlikely the circuits will not meet the disconnection times required , so no need for Sup Bonding .

Supplementary bonding was/is not in place to aid disconnection times. It was/is required to reduce touch voltages in the event of an earth fault.

Sponsored Links
If so it is highly unlikely the circuits will not meet the disconnection times required , so no need for Sup Bonding .

Supplementary bonding was/is not in place to aid disconnection times. It was/is required to reduce touch voltages in the event of an earth fault.

Well done you ! , but nobody asked that , and i certainly didn't say it was / wasn't did i ? :idea:
If you had taken a bit more time to read my post , you would have seen that i never went in to the reason that sup bonding was / is required !

I was saying that under the 17th edition regulations supplementary bonding in a bathroom may be omitted if all circuits are protected by a 30mA rcd and circuits comply with the requirements for disconnection times . And of course all other protective equipotential bonding is in place .
;)

But i didn't really want to have to write all that !

Next time why don't you try and make your comment a positive / useful one , instead of trying to undermine peoples comments who are genuinely trying to help other people on this site , after all thats what its for . :evil:

Next time why don't you try and make your comment a positive / useful one , instead of trying to undermine peoples comments who are genuinely trying to help other people on this site , after all thats what its for . :evil:

Not when what you wrote was/came across as incorrect information :rolleyes:

Not when what you wrote was/came across as incorrect information :rolleyes:[/quote]

Is that the best you can come back with when ive just completely stripped you down ?

Dont make me laugh !

Or go on then :LOL:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back