(no) help in Glasgow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm disappointed with the moderation......very immoderate!
I was not advertising, I was offering excess work to other electricians for free, and we would mutually have benefitted. I would have eased up some of my time. and someone else would have had some good quality work.

sorry, but you broke the rules, and as 4 says, this is a diy foum

Sponsored Links
inspectorclouseau said:
I'm disappointed with the moderation......very immoderate!
I was not advertising, I was offering excess work to other electricians for free, and we would mutually have benefitted. I would have eased up some of my time. and someone else would have had some good quality work.

Sounds like advertising to me.

And it also sounds like helping another fellow spark out...
I thought this was a forum for electricians?

Sponsored Links
Ban is right,

If you want a forum thats more oreintated towards electricains than the DIY'er then head over to the IEE forums, just be careful the 'nonsparky' s don't bite :LOL:

BenStiller said:
And it also sounds like helping another fellow spark out...
I thought this was a forum for electricians?

ever wondered why the site is DIYnot?

Yes but if that guy from glasgow got the help he needed, it would free up some of his valuable time to come on the forum and help out the DIYers....Dont you think?

BenStiller said:
Yes but if that guy from glasgow got the help he needed, it would free up some of his valuable time to come on the forum and help out the DIYers....Dont you think?

it wouldnt help DIYers. they would do electrical work it anyway

BenStiller said:
Considering his first post was advertising, (breaking forum rules) its not really a good start. (but we all make mistakes)

His second post was to whinge, its still not a good start.
Those who help / wish to help, put forward ideas or suggestions to the question / problem asked, inspectorclouseau, chose to advertise then whinge, not very helpful.

I see nothing wrong with wanting to pass work on to others, as information is power.

i get job referrals from wholesalers and other places, and pass on what i don't can't do to those who can

for example i was asked to quote for PAT testing of 1000-1600 items in a factory, as i dont' have a PAT tester i asked around and passed job onto someone who has.
(ps i think pat testing more than 20 items is brain death work)

it works both ways as you may hear " don't work for ____ as they are crap payers etc.."

word spreads.

anyone wants to pass on work can call or email me
as i will return the favour when I can

email address removed, please note 13

why remove my email address when it's the same as my website / url ?

is this not a bit petty

"ooer rules are there just to keep moderators busy with petty insignificant things to make them feel important in the big wide world"

oops! an email addy...........hide your eyes........is it gone yet?....now what rule is that again?

splitting hairs (nothing to do with being bald), shouldn't that be rule 14a.

Get a life.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back