NO MOT PENALTY FINE - COULD THIS BE INVALID ?????

You screwed up, pay the fine.

The policeman made a commonsense decision, good for him.

Sponsored Links
theres a post l made x months ago on here about me sendlng my daugther a text and phone call, that her m.o.t. runs out ln 15 mlns, " on way home dad" took half hour, pulled up by an older copper.

She Produced the new mot, wlthln 24 hrs, cost 60 quld +25 costs, ( ln flnes)+mot, for a college student, ?all the offlcers at the offlce sald lt wlLL be ok, l wouldn't proceed.lf lt was me, 6 of them sald.

dlscretlon!!! of the offlcer or plg or lgnorant erse, why should l help that man, or ls pals out? ln the Future?

probably knew your previous form and decided to fine your daughter instead. might stop her following in her dear old daddies footsteps.

Sponsored Links
First thanks for all the comments.
The car has (as I said yesterday) now had the MOT done, and passed with flying colours.
For those who dont know the fine is now £60.
I was only curious when put my post on here, but I doubt for one minute my son would ever get off without paying the fine.
BUT PLEASE NOTE:
I am absolutely positive I forgot this for one reason only.
As we can all now renew our tax on the internet, this was how I did renew the tax on this car. Now, when you renew online you dont need all your documents, as you do when you go to the post office. You just put the number in from your reminder which you receive in the post, enter your payment details, and hey presto in a couple of days you have your new tax disc. SO, because you dont root out all your documents ie. valid MOT certificate, then it is very easy to forget your MOT needs renewing until like me it is too late. I know for a fact that had I caught sight of my MOT cert as I normally would do when renewing my tax then I would definately have noticed that a couple of weeks after renewing my Car Tax, my MOT would have been due and so, could have left everything out so it was to hand when the time comes, or, ring my garage and book my MOT.
I am positive this will have happened and will happen to many other motorists. And hence no points just a fine. You see if everyone was banned there would be no drivers and no motoring offences and so no fines. And what would happen then.
A very sly fox who thought that one up!!!!!

Your RFL goes to the government, the cost of your MOT does not. Hence you are reminded about that.

nickso";p="1189479 said:
probably knew your previous form and decided to fine your daughter instead. might stop her following in her dear old daddies footsteps

.[/quoteSo, nlck, just Llke that coppper,one attltude, sad person,

l wasn't legal for 20 yrs now l am, my daughter ls now,because she's been told lt's hard to beat. next daugther, stlLL 16, Llcence ready; test booked,
and lessons learned.

l'm not a bad person.

MOT is none endorsable it's just a fine and producer.

Can bet your life the coppers checked it over.
If it had anything that looked slightly iffy in there eyes, it wouldn't have been allowed to be moved (except on a transporter).
If it looks straight, and they can see its just a case of "I forgot" then they'll let it go on.
As for insurance, it's not automatically invalid, (the mot document states that the insurance *may* be invalid) but any insurance company who needed to pay out for something would use the "no valid MOT" to worm their way out of things.
Whats the fine now? £30?

correct, "may be" lnvaLld, have a smash, cause £20 mlLL, lnvaLld, don't ave an accldent, why not vaLld, ? lt ls.

good post

Is it me or the time of morning?

Libby, I can't understand your posts. :confused:

In Australia the tax, MOT and Insurance start and end on the same date. You can't forget them - so why not do that here?

AFAIK current MOT certs also contain a sticker that you an put on the sun blind etc.

I have now started sticking them there :D

Yes, the certificate does have a small portion with the expiry date on that peels off and can be affixed to the windscreen which can act as a reminder when the MOT is due.

Not having a MOT does not invalidate the insurance.

Part of the insurance contract terms may be that you must have a MOT, and that means that if the insured makes a claim, then he will be in breach of contract and the insurers can choose not to pay out.

But the insurers must still, by law maintain cover for any third-party claims against the insured

That is why the driver was allowed to drive home

The law is that a car must have an MOT to be used on the road not to be kept on the road so insurance would still be valid if someone hit your car while parked etc

Sponsored Links
Back