No posts for the last post.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I logged in and posted here before 11 o'clock today and then paid my respects. On looking back at the forum it was heart warming to see there were no posts at 11 o'clock. May be a coincidence but I like to think not.

EDIT: Just checked the Combustion Chamber and Plumbing Section and there is nothing there at 11am. If it means nothing to anyone else, it means something to me. My father was in the Special Air Service (SAS) during World War II so thank you from me.

Sponsored Links
I stood up at 11 this morning watching the 112 yr old veteran laying his wreath.

Very moving and long may this tradition continue! :(

i'm working on a kitchen contract and some guys carried on through the two minute silence, i stopped and went out to the van and put the radio on to listen to the presenter talk about it, then stood for the two minutes, respect is due to everyone however involved in all conflicts throughout time, whether we agree or not, the boys and girls who get sent somewhere just need to get on with it, they train for it and are ready to do their duty.

Sponsored Links
THEY SHALL GROW NOT OLD
AS WE THAT ARE LEFT GROW OLD
AGE SHALL NOT WEARY THEM
NOR THE YEARS CONDEMN
AT THE GOING DOWN OF THE SUN,
AND IN THE MORNING:
WE SHALL REMEMBER THEM.

I stood up at 11 this morning watching the 112 yr old veteran laying his wreath.

Very moving and long may this tradition continue! :(

So did I - I came home to watch it on the TV.

I don't mind admitting I shed quite a few tears.

The bit that got me the most was when one of the guys pushing the wheelchairs put his hand on the old soldier's shoulder after he had laid his wreath.

I wanted to watch it on TV, but I was stuck in college doing gas pipe sizing!

I'm suprised we didn't have the silence in the college.

THEY SHALL GROW NOT OLD
AS WE THAT ARE LEFT GROW OLD
AGE SHALL NOT WEARY THEM
NOR THE YEARS CONDEMN
AT THE GOING DOWN OF THE SUN,
AND IN THE MORNING:
WE SHALL REMEMBER THEM.

I lived in Sydney for a couple of years in the eighties and used to go to the local RSL club (bit like a British legion on a bigger scale), every night at 9pm the lights were dimmed, everyone stopped what they were doing and this eulogy was read out over the PA, along with any obits of veterans recently passed away, always brought alump to the throat

Sponsored Links
Back