No You Don't just die and thats it.......

Sponsored Links
It's the idiot known as Pred posting silly long and irrelevant links.

Sponsored Links
what has gone wrong with Page 12 on this thread? :?: why is it so stretchy?
Because Pred didn't do this ;)

cilly Pred as usual! :LOL: need to get that plonker who runs the death star and sort pred with a tray!
Mike, do you believe other gods exist or do you believe your god is the one and only?

God the creator of our universe is a big mysterious Chief, but yes there is ultimately only One such God, for all mankind and all religions, and for all and entire creation, which I said is the Supreme Source of all Energies, God is an All Mighty Energy, with a personality as part of Him, just like you and I have a personality, but we are composed of matter (blood and flesh) and energy, but God is only Energy and personality.

He created us all, he initially made the blue prints for all species, no we did not evolve and none of the other species evolved either, from the master print, each species was made unique in its own right, but He designed so that after each species would reproduce and expand, so when we see some strange creatures that look like a blend of two different species, that is because they ended up having exchanging their DNA through reproduction, i.e. illegal sex!

So some species were created automatically as a result of illegitimate sexual intercourse with other and similar but different species.

So to the scientist it seems that the whole creation emerged from a single cell life! That could not have happened not even in 50 Billion years!

So yes in the end God also made and nominated special men or even women to take down his message of peace love and some rules for the better of mankind and other species, so he sent in his messengers or so called sub-gods.

but people are real stupid, me included, that we started to pray and worship messengers rather than the Chief up there!

and many people either don't believe the messenger or kill him.

That is what happened to Jesus, he brought over message from our father the God, God indeed is the father of all mankind, and father of the universe, not in the sense that you or I may father a baby, a father is someone who plans or designs and launches things, he is the Architect in other words.

But People are stupid and they think Jesus was literally a Son of God, we all are sons and daughters of God, but again not in the sense that you or I are, I could be biological fathers to my daughters and sons, but we were not God's biological sons or daughters. we are stupid so we take things literally!

So yes, there may be other smaller or sub Gods, that some people worship them wrongly, not knowing that the real chief is waiting up there for his praises! But he knows that how stupid people are, so he forgives them.

He knows that many people unintentionally praise other sub Gods because they are mistaken or perhaps that is what they believe them to be real Gods.

But end of the day real God knows that they are praying to Him!
You see it is the intention and effort that is looked at!

Good grief. Well if that gives you strength, fair play to you, sounds like a load of clap trap to me, but hey, who am I to judge.

So you reject Allah, Vishnu, Budda, Waheguru and all of the thousands of other gods that other people worship today. Many of those worshippers believe the same things you do - that their god created man, the earth, the universe, etc. You can't both be right.

The reality is that they believe similar things for the same reasons. All religions are based on superstition promoted by the false positive survival instinct. It was better to believe something - just in case - rather than risk not believing it. Knowing no better it was simpler and comforting to have something to take care of the great unknown.

Only later did a few of the more intelligent use that belief to frighten and oppress the many. And let's be honest, that's still what is happening today. But do you really still need that in todays World. This surely is the age of making informed decisions, not of living under the delusion of a god's plan.

So you reject Allah, Vishnu, Budda, Waheguru and all of the thousands of other gods that other people worship today. Many of those worshippers believe the same things you do - that their god created man, the earth, the universe, etc. You can't both be right.

The reality is that they believe similar things for the same reasons. All religions are based on superstition promoted by the false positive survival instinct. It was better to believe something - just in case - rather than risk not believing it. Knowing no better it was simpler and comforting to have something to take care of the great unknown.

Only later did a few of the more intelligent use that belief to frighten and oppress the many. And let's be honest, that's still what is happening today. But do you really still need that in todays World. This surely is the age of making informed decisions, not of living under the delusion of a god's plan.

No John, you got me wrong, I don't reject any of the above mentioned names of that Almighty the God the creator of everything, these names refer to the same One God that I believe as well, except that I logically worked out what He must be like, sure he has no shape and size, or even dimensionless, he is omnipotent and eternal, the creator and He could be given as many names as anyone would care to do so.

So I have absolutely no problem in accepting different names of our God by different religions.

Where I differ, I do not belong to any religion in particular, so for me when God made me a free man, I am free to do most things within the common goodness of humanity, animals, and so on, for example I need not be told by any religion that it is a sin to kill another human, we all know it is, this is not just a religious requisite but even our criminal system of law and justice won't tolerate certain bad actions, like stealing, stabbing, killing, underage sex, slavery, exploitation of the weaker, and the list is endless..

John, you say all religions are based on superstition and survival instinct. It was better to believe in something - just in case - rather than risk not believing it. This cannot be proved, and I think you will find this is just an idea to deter people from believing in a God.

But as I have just proved that the Universe could not have come out of Nothing, I have given a good solid logical reason that not only fits with modern science and Einsteins revelations, God can be none other than supreme and master source ao all energies with a personality, as the integral part of this energy.

In my view, the space is not empty, it is filled with something that we cannot see, be it the dark energy, or dark matter, hence this is what that God is and his energy all around occupying entire space, which cannot be imagined by anyone, not even scientist could put a dimension or even a wild guess as to how big this space is and if it has a boundary, simply because space is invisible so no one can work out how vast it is and it is definitely not empty, the word emptiness does not apply to space, space is some invisible substance that we and our universe floats inside this substance, no one can tell how wide and deep this substance is. It is beyond any human and beyond the ability of the most knowledgeable scientist to even predict how far it stretches! and all that space is filled with God's presence and his energy.

Now I do not have to guess any more whether God is there or not, because you can now see from this that he must be there or else we would not have been born nor the universe would have existed without this Energy, so this clearly rules out superstition and instinct for survival.

He is there John, so you better get yourself down to your local Church this Sunday and start praying my son! (last paragraph is optional! ) :LOL:

My giddy Ant !!! I get the impression Mike from londinium must be snickering into his holy water, managing to keep this nonsense going on this long !

As we stand, we have "NO PROOF OF ANY GOD".. peer reviewed, repeatable, experimental evidence etc...

So (taking the) Michael (from Londinium) needs to come up with some evidence pretty damn quick, otherwise the doors of common sense will be closed and sealed, thus preventing further wasting of our time. It's about burden of proof, nothing more, nothing less....

Mike, best you get back onto the plumbing forum... get back to turning that water to whine !!

The universe and all within is your proof. Genesis 1:1 - 2.

Are you serious?..

can you recreate that in a lab? (no, not labrador !!)

A bit like pointing and shouting "unicorn"...

I had you down as, at least sensible Norcon!!

(although Phil Collins was an OK drummer !)

And also the video in the OP. Again Gods work.

Mike, the various gods are not the same thing. Different religions teach different belief systems. Few are compatible and many are completely different and opposite. I understand why you sit on the fence (your false positive) because it avoids the difficult questions. Your bible tells you one thing - the other bibles tell other stories that don't match. proof positive that the stories are just imaginary.

Mike, the various gods are not the same thing. Different religions teach different belief systems. Few are compatible and many are completely different and opposite. I understand why you sit on the fence (your false positive) because it avoids the difficult questions. Your bible tells you one thing - the other bibles tell other stories that don't match. proof positive that the stories are just imaginary.
IMO it's their way of coping with life - nothing wrong with that, even Jesus wasn't born on Christmas day!

Anthoter brilliant argument I remember from long ago which will be rejected by the happy clappies here, naturally...

"When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

"There are literally thousands of religions being practiced today. Here are 20 of the most popular, along with an estimate of the number of followers:

Christianity: 2.1 billion
Islam: 1.3 billion
Hinduism: 900 million
Chinese traditional religion: 394 million
Buddhism: 376 million
African Traditional & Diasporic: 100 million
Sikhism: 23 million
Juche: 19 million
Spiritism: 15 million
Judaism: 14 million
Baha'i: 7 million
Jainism: 4.2 million
Shinto: 4 million
Cao Dai: 4 million
Zoroastrianism: 2.6 million
Tenrikyo: 2 million
Neo-Paganism: 1 million
Unitarian-Universalism: 800 thousand
Rastafarianism: 600 thousand
Scientology: 500 thousand
[Source: Encyclopedia Britannica]

If you believe in God, you have chosen to reject Allah, Vishnu, Budda, Waheguru and all of the thousands of other gods that other people worship today. It is quite likely that you rejected these other gods without ever looking into their religions or reading their books. You simply absorbed the dominant faith in your home or in the society you grew up in.

In the same way, the followers of all these other religions have chosen to reject God. You think their gods are imaginary, and they think your God is imaginary.

In other words, each religious person on earth today arbitrarily rejects thousands of gods as imaginary, many of which he/she has never even heard of, and arbitrarily chooses to "believe" in one of them.

The following quote from Stephen F. Roberts sums up the situation very nicely:

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
A rational person rejects all human gods equally, because all of them are equally imaginary. How do we know that they are imaginary? Simply imagine that one of them is real. If one of these thousands of gods were actually real, then his followers would be experiencing real, undeniable benefits. These benefits would be obvious to everyone. The followers of a true god would pray, and their prayers would be answered. The followers of a true god would therefore live longer, have fewer diseases, have lots more money, etc. There would be thousands of statistical markers surrounding the followers of a true god.

Everyone would notice all of these benefits, and they would gravitate toward this true god. And thus, over the course of several centuries, everyone would be aligned on the one true god. All the other false gods would have fallen by the wayside long ago, and there would be only one religion under the one true god.

When we look at our world today, we see nothing like that. There are two billion Christians AND there are more than one billion Muslims, and their religions are mutually exclusive. There are thousands of other religions. When you analyse any of them, they all show a remarkable similarity -- there is zero evidence that any of these gods exist. That is how we know that they are all imaginary"

My God isn't imaginary, Do you seriously think any of us would have been here today if the Creator of Heaven and earth was not here or there? I reject the idea that universe came out of nothing, hence my firm belief in a creator because without this God/Energy thing Nothing would have been born.

You asked me about those mainstream faiths, I said I do not reject them because they do point to that same Creator/God/Energy, The creator has been given a name, such as what you mentioned like Christians call him Lord our father, or just God, The Muslims call him Allah, JW call him Jehovah, The Sikhs call him Waheguru, The Hindus call him Vishnu and so on.

So the purpose of my post was to point or prove that how wrong it is not to believe in a Creator of our Universe and us in it, I am not for a moment suggesting that you have to belong to any of these mainstream religions and pray to that creator, or worship Him.

He made mankind with a Free Will, so he has given every individual a free choice to do so, and He accepts that his creation won't necessarily worship Him.

It is not Him who forces you to belong to a Religion or a concept, it is peer pressure and your own families that impose this unjust condition that you must worship Lord God.

A Religion is merely a congregation of people of certain tribes and sects,
That has its own language, culture, and that has laid some of these unjust rules and principles, most of these are of its own making and some have been revealed to them by God/the creator himself through various messengers. Hence why there are differences in religions and the ways they are followed and practiced.

I am strictly against peer pressure and interference with man's Free Will by his parents or sect.

Logically, God really must exists, there is no question of Him not existing, it is just that we can not possibly prove it scientifically, because it would be not within our grasps, that does not make him non-existent. God is made of invisible substance, like Energy has no physical appearance.

You cannot see electrons, they are charged and invisible particles, force carriers, and I have not studied Quantum Mechanics and you know those who have they know the score, at one time they almost called Higgs Boson a God particle! but then chose not to so as to not offend Atheists!

So there you are, prove otherwise God cannot exist when the fact is that we are here as a result of that, and that the universe is here as a result of a creator. What else could have given our universe a birth, haven't the scientist yet figured out what happened before the big bang! what a shame! They are so slow!

Sponsored Links
Back