Noobie suspension question

the birmingham spanner should do the trick.

Sponsored Links
Sorry to dig up and old topic but wanted to say I finally got that bolt out woo woo :LOL:

All it took was a a load of Plus Gas, MAPP gas torch, a 1.5 foot breaker bar, an impact gun, a 4lb hammer, a pair of mole grips, 2 hours hard graft (per side!).

Whoever designed the suspension should be shot! The MAPP Gas destroyed the rubber seals on the on the upper arms, but I was replacing the lot anyway as there was some wear.

When steel meets aluminium, together with a liberal dose of winter salt, there's next to no chance of getting the thing undone.
I reckon you've done well here, and I think Audi would have simply cut the lot away.
Good on yer!
John :)

Sponsored Links
Thanks John. I mentioned it to an Audi mechanic and he said at work when the get a stuck one they break out the Oxy torch and big hammer and smash it bits then order whatever parts have been broken in the process.

Do feel quite pleased, although have let my self down by not checking the PR codes on the data sticker and not realising I have the optional sports suspension, so have ordered the wrong springs! :rolleyes:

Back