Off Topic Forum

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone think we should have a totally Off Topic Forum-- where we can let off steam and say what we think without the threat of 'excommunication' ?.

Think about it-- It will keep sensible topics alive without drifting off track.

Sponsored Links
Good idea peter, you go and start one there's a good chap. We'll all follow you over.....honest. :rolleyes:

Good idea peter, you go and start one there's a good chap. We'll all follow you over.....honest. :rolleyes:

Love you too darling :)

Id bet if there was one-- you would be first to sign up- and first to spit your venum.

Thats the idea of having one sweetheart .

Sponsored Links
Isn't GD just another term for an off topic forum. This is a DIY and building forum so anything not related to that such as should we eat horses or whatever is surely off topic?

Isn't GD just another term for an off topic forum. This is a DIY and building forum so anything not related to that such as should we eat horses or whatever is surely off topic?

Yes-- I thought it was too.
But- with people like Tourettes Tommy akna sooey-- it takes it beyond the acceptable limits.
he cant help being a scouser though- that's why I suggested he seeks help.
Sad man- AFRAID to show his furrowed forehead-which incidentally confirms he is a true blood mickey mouser of the nastiest variety.

off to watch winter watch :)

To be honest if a thread desends into sqwabling and name calling I don't bother with it although I see others tend to like it. I use a couple of other forums where that sort of thing rarely happens, it's more of a friendly mates down the pub sort of thing and it happens like that because of the people on there. we could go down the route of locking or deleting the sort of thing you are on about but I don't really see that as the best course of action.
Enjoy Winter Watch, I take it you mean the tv proggy and not just gawping out of the window.

But- with people like Tourettes Tommy akna sooey-- it takes it beyond the acceptable limits.
Sad man- AFRAID to show his furrowed forehead-which incidentally confirms he is a true blood mickey mouser of the nastiest variety.

To be honest if a thread desends into sqwabling and name calling I don't bother with it although I see others tend to like it. I use a couple of other forums where that sort of thing rarely happens, it's more of a friendly mates down the pub sort of thing and it happens like that because of the people on there. we could go down the route of locking or deleting the sort of thing you are on about but I don't really see that as the best course of action.
Enjoy Winter Watch, I take it you mean the tv proggy and not just gawping out of the window.

That is true and it is always the person who started this thread thats the instigator of childish name calling..he has annoyed me and lots of other folk on here ..it all goes well until the op comes into it

Yes- correct--TV prog (cant wait for spring watch)
However during daylight hours we get all the birds here in the garden--and it really is entertaining. BUT- not as entertaining as my cctv cameras (infra red).
I could post a few vids of the happenings that have been recorded -especially the numpty who tried to get into my old van' .. Cant post them however- because of certain nasty people on here who would just abuse the fact.
I keep the vids for garden Party viewings during the summer months . Has everyone in stiches (not the Liverpool variety of stitches though). :LOL:

Dare i tiptoe in and make a point about the OP and agree with everyone.. we need a place to let off steam... but this is it...

any of you been on any website and seen the abuse esp Twitter etc...negativity rules... so whats the point... lets make DIYnot better... lets have some banter, and be positive..disagreeing is a way of agreeing isn't it? at least we're on the same playlist !

(where's my beer?) !

Dare i tiptoe in and make a point about the OP and agree with everyone.. we need a place to let off steam... but this is it...

any of you been on any website and seen the abuse esp Twitter etc...negativity rules... so whats the point... lets make DIYnot better... lets have some banter, and be positive..disagreeing is a way of agreeing isn't it? at least we're on the same playlist !

(where's my beer?) !

(where's my beer?) !

Beers in the fridge or if you are a Lancashire lad--its on the worktop--warming up nicely.

at 'Flying Saucer' chain of pubs in USA -- they serve beers from all over the world . They have a notice behind the bar - saying ' PLEASE dont as for 'cold beer'-- Cold beer is for Amateurs.
Says it all.

Regarding the suggested 'off Topic' thread-- I will have to agree to disagree that the trouble maker is the poster of the OT.

It really is the nasty cyber stalking 'bunch of Wolves that constantly use profanities' that cause the problems .

So- how about a 'off topic' thread to keep them clear of the normal type of threads ?.
A bit like -sort of - caging in the beasts and letting anyone know- if they enter that particular thread-- they cant complain if they are shocked .

It works for some forums--so I believe.
On a note -- not many 'kids' would choose to be on this forum- would they ? Totally 'uncool'.

Before any decision is made- please take a step back and think about it .

Sponsored Links
Back