oil prices

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Oil prices now at less than 75 dollars, how will we benifit (i love that word) now.? fuel has dropped, bread down 5p a loaf( not seen that)

Anything else gone down?

Sponsored Links
Bread's down 5p? Get in!!! As a bloomer's about £1.50 in my local bakery, I'll be eating 3.3% more sandwiches then. ;)

To celebrate the fact petrol has gone down to 99.9p, I'm going to drive everywhere in second gear this week, and leave my lawnmower running 24/7.

I figured that, being an Icesave customer, I can hardly be seen as a beacon of good sense so, what the hell ;)

There will never be any benefit. If prices stay low it's because the economy is in recession. If we go back to economic growth then demand will exceed supply again, oil prices will once again soar - and the economy will collapse again. We can't win.

Sponsored Links
Why has price gone down? Have they found some more? I cant see how demand has gone down. Are people really driving less?

I note there doesn't seem to be queues as much at Morrisons petrol near me. Is this the case everywhere?

Why has price gone down? Have they found some more? I cant see how demand has gone down. Are people really driving less?

I note there doesn't seem to be queues as much at Morrisons petrol near me. Is this the case everywhere?

oil is bought in advance by speculators. in effect they are trying to predict the future. thye are predicting that there will be less demand for it due to less being used in industry, shipping etc. that means less demand it needs to be cheaper to make it more attactive.

its cyclical and as it becomes cheaper its demand will start to grow, and so its price will start to rise.

so in the short time joe public (including joe 90) will benefit.

We only benefit whilst the economy collapses.

When Oil went up to around $150/ bbl, the energy suppliers, EDF, N-Power etc etc racked the price of Gas and electricity up , screaming that Gas prices were inexplicably linked to the Oil Price. Why is it that now the price of Brent Crude has halved have the Energy companies gone very quiet and not one of them to my knowlwdge has announced price reductions.
Profiteering B*****ds springs to Mind.
The buffoon Brown is shouting about the price of petrol being down to 99.9p/ltr in some areas but up at £1.20/ltr in others, well good on Mr Bean, but why is he so quiet about Gas and Electricity Prices being held high artificially. Maybe he has shares in BG or EDF !!!!!!!!!

there have been mutterings from the companies that some price rises will not now have to take place.

The bottom line is, that it will put more money in peoples pockets and may well see people having the confidence to spend a bit more money.

i think doom and gloom merchant has been doing some consultancy work for the bbc on there news presntation during the "CRISIS" to makes it presentation more effective, thats why he hasnt been here for a while. He only came back when he advised them to run articles on plague pestilence and the invsaion of locusts! :LOL:

Oh Dear! I think the moderators needs to step in here to stop this abusive posting. I have flagged it up to them. There is no need for this type of reply.

The above post was sent before the moderator 7 deleted the post - Sorry

After the elections in America watch the market CRASH ,unemployment soar, houses foreclosed at a faster rate, food prices also increase by double and triple figures and the companies and corporations that can move out of here will move to China, Korea, Ireland and any other country that is tax friendly as "spreading the wealth" means everyone is going to take a take hike.

After the smoke clears and unemployment hits the 30% the ones left standing can buy up property really cheap and start the games again.

If we have a extremely cold winter people will have a choice EAT or stay warm

Spreading the wealth means someone is reaching into your pocket

Sponsored Links
Back