Old people

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I propose that retired people should be banned from shopping on a Saturday! I get hacked of trying to get a cuppa in a cafe when it is stuffed full of fossils. They've got all week to go shopping, poor old me only Saturday cos I'm paying their 'kin pension all week.
There, is that so extreme?

Sponsored Links
gasmark, go to an out of town place that doesn't have a lot of public transport :cool: :cool: :cool:

"fossils" tend to stay away from these places - they are full of young people, and theres not a lot of charity shops! :LOL:

I go to town on sunday or monday - not many people about then! ;)

:LOL:
yeah the blue rinse and comfy shoe brigade he he!
dawdling along, armed with trolleys and sticks, hells grannies more like :LOL:

gasmarkone
you cheeky f***ing whipper snapper ......lol :) ,

you will be old one day ,
sonny jim ...lol :)

an I hope you have a good works/private pension , as the state wont *do* pensions once Brown takes over ...lol

Sponsored Links
Dellsmp said:
yeah the blue rinse and comfy shoe brigade he he!
dawdling along, armed with trolleys and sticks, hells grannies more like :LOL:

hey! dont knock comfy shoes...I could take on any lil miss priss with her 3inch heels....
:!:

young people of today, fought in the war etc etc

send em all to bournemouth I say

gasmarkone said:
I propose that retired people should be banned from shopping on a Saturday! I get hacked of trying to get a cuppa in a cafe when it is stuffed full of fossils. They've got all week to go shopping, poor old me only Saturday cos I'm paying their 'kin pension all week.
There, is that so extreme?

and you always get the pensioner in is mica doing 28 mile an hour in rush hour when you are going and coming home from work

what do you regard as old

between 60 & death?
between 70 & death?

I'll be retired at 52 in 3 years - I will fall into your definition of a fossil - Thanks

gasmarkone said:
I propose that retired people should be banned from shopping on a Saturday!

Yeah, but don't forget the screaming kids and pushchairs being rammed into the back of your legs in the supermarkets, shopping centres etc. :mad: :)

on the topic of "old people"...I would like to contribute this.
i do not consider myself as old...but am approaching it....steady as she goes...

one of the plusses: when in groc store, nearby child throws tantrum...young mother panics....old geezer lady gives in to child by buying said child with small trinket....hushes said child, annoys young mother...old lady smiles as she walks off.

Being able to scare younguns....albeit not a very attractive character trait...but they don't cut through your yard and they say please and thank you mam....dont hate me. You'll be there soon enough. :)

Where else should the kids be? surely you can't expect the man to babysit when he's been at work all day?

Best way to stop the overcrowding in the shops is too ban Oprah, Tricia, Jeremy etc. Women could then go shopping in the daytime, freeing up the shops for workers to use when they finish.

Likewise they could stop using their cars on the school run which will reduce pollution/congestion and also get rid of some fat ar*** too. ;) :LOL:

B.O.B DOLE said:
and you always get the pensioner in is mica doing 28 mile an hour in rush hour when you are going and coming home from work
I agree - all that mica, plus the load of felspar and quartz that they carry slows them down even more.

:LOL: And there`s Christmas when it gets worse.............loaded with Gold, Frankincence.......... :eek:

Sponsored Links
Back