Oooops

It's hard to decipher what your point is, but you seem to be saying it's still outrageous because he was lighter skinned. (phew, relief) Do you have a sliding scale of black-whiteness that you use? What actually happens when the slaver is below your minimum whiteness level?

Sponsored Links
I don't think she had anything to do with it. What is your point?

I think his point is that Himmi has one huge chip on his shoulder and if a black man abuses a black man it must be a white mans fault, even if the nearest white man is on another planet.
Himmi is the most relentless, twisted, racist troll on this forum.

I think his point is that Himmi has one huge chip on his shoulder and if a black man abuses a black man it must be a white mans fault, even if the nearest white man is on another planet.
I assume you are referring to me, having been awarded the nickname of himmi, whatever that is.
Please find any post of mine that suggests in the remotest, that I am a racist or a troll.
In fact, the very essence of you making such an allegation without an iota of proof (there is none, so you won't find any) indicates that you are a lying twisted troll that is racked with hate. Whether you are a racist, I'll reserve judgement.

Sponsored Links
Slavery - in many forms - has been around for millennia. We cannot judge the past with our evolved and modern-day morals, because it was an economic norm of the time! Human beings were treated as a commodity in civilisations across the planet.

When it comes to race, identifying one particular group singles them out and creates division when in reality all our ancestors have suffered slavery. Tribal leaders in the African kingdoms enslaved their own people and sold the slaves to us for wealth. They also pillaged the coasts of European nations taking slaves of their own. We - the British - enslaved our own people at home and in the 'newfound lands' of the Americas.

Let's accept the fact that slavery has existed for a long time and that we are not responsible for the actions of our ancestors. We paid for the emancipation of all slaves in the 19th Century and continue to advocate a slave-free world -- the success of that advocacy is of course up for debate.
The outstanding issue concerning the slavery of black people is the resulting racism that was festered in order to justify that slavery.
In addition, although your referred to the "paying for the emancipation of slaves", it was those very slave owners who were paid, and the slaves received zero compensation.
That compensation that was paid to slave owners is still providing the advantages to the subsequent generations of those slave owners today, and the subsequent generation of the slaves who received zero compensation, are still suffering from the racism and disadvantage that was fostered way back then.

It's our modern day morals that should be providing justice for the disadvantaged subsequent generations of those enslaved.

Real justice should have no time limits.

Dunno what all the fuss is about tbh

so she found out one of her ancestors was involved in the slave trade she needs to

get a grip

I could not give a ***t if one of my ancestors was involved in the slave trade or any other caper for that matter

**** happens :)

Africa was up to its eye balls in the slave trade ;)

I'm not sure why she was reduced to tears because an ancestor 4x removed owned slaves in a period when slave ownership was commonplace and widely accepted.

To me it's just pointless gesturing from the bandwagon we find ourselves on today.

If it were me I'd just take it on the chin and discuss my thoughts on slavery in the modern world, certainly wouldn't be blubbering on the telly.

I suppose to some extent we are all slaves, salves to work, slaves to the government... People pretend we have freedom but do we really?

I'm not sure why she was reduced to tears because an ancestor 4x removed owned slaves in a period when slave ownership was commonplace and widely accepted.

To me it's just pointless gesturing from the bandwagon we find ourselves on today.

If it were me I'd just take it on the chin and discuss my thoughts on slavery in the modern world, certainly wouldn't be blubbering on the telly.

I suppose to some extent we are all slaves, salves to work, slaves to the government... People pretend we have freedom but do we really?

they were crocodile tears ( probably) :ROFLMAO:

Thanks Mitch. I realised my mistake a nd apologies. Himmy is on ignore

There was a delicious irony about it, she was expecting, and would have been far happier, if her great great grand parents had been slaves.

There was a delicious irony about it, she was expecting, and would have been far happier, if her great great grand parents had been slaves.

oh my... can you imagine... she'd have been milking that..... there would be book deals, she'd be a BLM VIP etc etc..

It was interesting that, following her discovery, she said that she isn't ashamed of her history and yet, black people expect white people to be ashamed of theirs. What a hypocrite

Sponsored Links
Back