Votes: 17 77.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • It should be privately funded

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Sponsored Links
leopards, spots.

"Conservative MPs cheered as the tally of a key vote was read out in Parliament, showing they had defeated Labour's attempt to force the Government to lift the pay cap on public sector wages."

Sponsored Links
And the Tories opposed it from the start.

And, it was a Conservative and Labour coalition that commissioned the Beveridge report which led to the formation of the NHS, Labour happened to be back in power when it came about, but it would have happened regardless who was in power, Beveridge btw was a Liberal. Labour did drag their heels in implementing it, there were plenty of objections from Doctors and Trade Unions who believed it would lead to a fall in wages.

Last edited:
All i know is a friend of mine runs his own company that contracts for NHS he is very well off indeed
which is why Tories and their mates are so keen on hiving off chunks off the NHS -because its money in their pockets

Matt Hancock for example -he pocketed £32k for doing nothing.

Some people on here get most upset when I refer to it as a backhander -but that is what it is: money for doing no work other than policy influencing. In other industries it would be called a bribe.

not as many

fillyboy puts a dishonest spin on it, perhaps he is a Tory voter

What's dishonest about it? are you saying it wasn't a coalition govt in 1942?, are you saying the Conservative govt together with Labour didn't commission the Beveridge report, are you saying Beveridge wasn't a liberal? are you saying there wasn't cross party and professional opposition to the formation of the NHS?

Swerve and obfuscate all you like mate but please, don't try re-writing history.

Last edited:
Lol. Nice try filly.

Most folk are concerned with how the Tories intend down-treading the NHS in this decade boyo. When they openly cheer a refusal to grant a pay rise to nurses and doctors, you need be worried if you are reliant on the NHS, having the Tories in power.

don't try re-writing history.
says fillyboy trying to rewrite history.

you conveniently ignore that the Tories voted against the creation of the NHS 22 times including at 3rd reading

the NHS was created in spite of the Tories.

oh and the National Health Service Act was passed under a Labour government, not a coalition -please dont try and 'rewrite history' :ROFLMAO:

oh and the National Health Service Act was passed under a Labour government, not a coalition -please dont try and 'rewrite history'

I've already pointed out that it happened under Labour, but it was as a result of the Beveridge report which was commissioned in 1942, The National Health Service Act was passed in 1946 and came into force in 1948.
Yes a majority of Tories opposed it, some Labour opposed, Doctors opposed it by a majority of 10-1 and Unions opposed it.

And the Tories opposed it from the start.

It was under a Conservative Prime Minister that the Beveridge report was commissioned, you might not like that, you will no doubt say it's a lie, check it out.

I've already pointed out that it happened under Labour, but it was as a result of the Beveridge report which was commissioned in 1942, The National Health Service Act was passed in 1946 and came into force in 1948.
Yes a majority of Tories opposed it, some Labour opposed, Doctors opposed it by a majority of 10-1 and Unions opposed it.
Thank God Labour prevailed.(y)

Sponsored Links
Back