• No

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • It should be privately funded

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Sponsored Links
FfbcWh_04Qbt-GdUKErbgc3CPVUpDqa1TciBM-4znvs.jpg

Sponsored Links
Its a no Brainer really, either a public health service or a private health service.
Either way you will still have to pay for it through taxes to the government or Premiums to a private health company.
A public health service is fairer and cheaper as risk is shared across the whole population and you have economies of scale.
A private system your premiums are based on your individual circumstances, so i would guess that as you get older your premiums would rise to the point where in the event you get a long term illness the insurance company doesn't want you as a customer.
It doesn't seem fair that someone should be penalised for getting old or ill.

Its a no Brainer really, either a public health service or a private health service.
Either way you will still have to pay for it through taxes to the government or Premiums to a private health company.
A public health service is fairer and cheaper as risk is shared across the whole population and you have economies of scale.
A private system your premiums are based on your individual circumstances, so i would guess that as you get older your premiums would rise to the point where in the event you get a long term illness the insurance company doesn't want you as a customer.
It doesn't seem fair that someone should be penalised for getting old or ill.
The US model is a complete disaster

So how much more are people going to put in - £1000, £500 £5,000 a year?

The NHS started in a very different UK...Pre antibiotics,pre millions of cars..pre excess calories...People worked long hours,exercised more...no spare part surgerys..no fast food..Lazy buggers driving everywhere...eating crap.etc etc...Diabetes was not a huge self induced cost..god knows how many people are kept half alive after RTA..s strokes etc etc....Bariatric surgery unheard of....No matter how much money is thrown it will never be enough..The more money invested the better it will get at keeping people alive....Investment will never keep pace because it just invents more demand forever

Penicillin was being mass produced by 1944 [/pedant].

Only those of limited intelligence think money is limitless
no, those of us with limited intelligence choose to use an 'appeal to extremes' logical fallacy argument instead of having a proper discussion.

heres a thought, what about paying similar to Germany? -its not stupidly more than the UK.
we could compare their waiting lists, success with cancer etc etc and see if there are benefits to spending more.

of course it would mean not having a Tory party put NHS contracts out to tender in exchange for MPs getting some lobby money.....vested self interests rather makes things too expensive (see USA for example)

image2.png

I was thinking more along the lines of 1-2% on income tax.
Why should we pay for it when Starbucks etc dont. They should put big pressure on all these companies to do the right thing. Although I'm sure someone will be bribed to do the righter thing and let them continue.

Although I'm sure someone will be bribed to do the righter thing and let them continue.
AKA - lobbying.(y)

There are millionaires being made by those feverishly lobbying to privatise the NHS, now that the Tories are in for another term.

AKA - lobbying.(y)

There are millionaires being made by those feverishly lobbying to privatise the NHS, now that the Tories are in for another term.
Well that's another story i guess which is beyond my understanding. All i know is a friend of mine runs his own company that contracts for NHS he is very well off indeed, mixed feelings on that one.

Sponsored Links
Back