Outbuilding Power

JDLDIY said:
To reterminate the pyro - any details anywhere on this? None of my reference material has any, OK I'm willing to accept that is because it's a job not meant for DIY'ers but it can't be that hard surely?
JD

It's not that hard. But you do need a special tool.

If you have broken the seal, moisture would have got into the cable, so you will have to strip back a couple of inches or so. then you screw on a new brass 'pot', fit the special insulation over the wires, scrape special sealant into the 'pot' and crimp the seal with the special tool.

You will be able to get the stuff from whoever sells pyro.

But it might be cheaper and easier to call in an electrician who's competant to work with pyro.

Sponsored Links
i agree with stod (but two special tools) some jobs are not for the diy person this is another one, cost of tools pot , sleaving etc and you only get one chance....................

new cable much easier

Sponsored Links
Thanks for taking the time to reply guys, as the pyro installation still wasn't going to be a decent job, what with it's termination on the outside wall and corrosion I've ripped it out and will be putting the new SWA down hopefully this week. Together with the new metalclad sockets it will be a good job done.
JD

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back