Outdoor light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 500w PIR outdoor flood light which i want to connect to an FCU, what fuse should i use in the FCU for the floodlight.

And what type of cable should i use to connect the outdoor light to the FCU

Cheers

Sponsored Links
cheers, do we really need 500w- well we have quite a large garden so a large light should give of plenty light throughout the whole garden, i did not buy this light as it came free with with a garden table and chairs set.

Is 500w really too much, i will still connect up this light as it was free and we do need light in the garden

Sponsored Links
You can always opt for a 100W, 150W, 200W or 300W lamp instead of the usual 500....

ok cheers alot

even though its a 500w outdoor light, does that mean the actual bulb inside is 500w, and if so is it possible to buy a lower watt bulb although the light itself is a 500w

If you know what i mean by that, hard to explain im sorry :(

yes. 300w

but the problem is not so much the watts, more where you are going to put it.

in order to lighgt your garden you will put it up high, this then means you will light up the neighbours garden.

there is a neighbour abou 1/4 of a mile away ay the back, i can see hios light when it is on. doesnt bother me though, he is too far away, but if i look in his direction ican see it. its his neighbours i feel sorry for.

the best way to light a garden is to have multiple low wattage lights.
also the cheap lights tend to rot quickly

ok thanks, i will replace the 500w for a 300w, we have tall connifer trees in our garden so that should close off the light from our surrounding neighbours, would a 3 amp fuse be suitable in the fcu for the light with a 300w bulb

thanks

You can, as I suggested, go lower still (wattage-wise) if you wish.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back