Outside Bottle Gully Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Wanted some advice on an outside bottle gully that I currently have. At the moment it has 3 appliance waste pipes going into the top of it and a redundant waste pipe on the side (which I want to use for a ACO driveway drain). The outlet feeds direct to the main drain (confirmed by lifting the manhole cover and testing) I am converting a summerhouse 4 metres away that I want to install a W/C and shower. My question is what options do I have?

On the inlet at the front of the gully can I connect the 4 inch pipe to that?
Can I put a branch in the outlet pipe and connect into that?
Does the gully need replacing altogther (if so how to connect the other waste pipes)

Hopefully you guys can help prevent a migraine coming on (yes I do suffer from them!)

Thank you in advance

Attachments

• IMG_0362.jpg
    IMG_0362.jpg
    581.2 KB · Views: 48
Sponsored Links
You’d be better with 4” underground drain pipe going to summerhouse via a branch/tee imo. Connect both wc and shower to that, using an above ground branch for the wc.

Thanks for the reply Chris, I thought that maybe the case. So just to clarify If I put a branch on that outlet pipe and run a 4 inch from that to the summerhouse and still keep the gully where it is surving its purpose for the appliance wastes coming from the house?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply Chris, I thought that maybe the case. So just to clarify If I put a branch on that outlet pipe and run a 4 inch from that to the summerhouse and still keep the gully where it is surving its purpose for the appliance wastes coming from the house?
Yes, branch off the outlet and keep gulley for existing. As per @RandomGrinch bc might need to be involved, however you may already have them involved?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back