Ozito tools - are they Einhill?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all - my family live in my home country of Australia where my dad works at Bunnings, basically their B&Q. They have their own brand of tools called 'Ozito' which seems to be Einhill. The products look identical, but they are around half the price as here, and have a poor reputation. I myself have a fair few einhill tools on their cordless system as I find them a good price for the quality that they are and what I use them for. But I'm wondering if anyone knows if these tools are also the same on the inside, because if so I would consider having them bring a few over when the next visit. They do have a bad rep over there, but I'm aware some of these old tales start out of heresay and snobbery, and I'm also wondering if it would really be worth their while to produce a totally different line mechanically that is indentical on the outside?

Sponsored Links
Probably come from some of the same factories in China, although Einhell certainly did design and manufacture some if their own tools in Europe at one time

Last edited by a moderator:
Ozito seem to be stocked by some Homebase outlets over here, and they are rebadged Einhell products, German designed, Chinese made.
I'd say they are strictly DIY quality but the price is very competitive so it depends on what work you have in mind for them?
John :)

Ozito came to Homebase when Bunnings brought the chain a few years ago, and whilst the Ozito company were based in Oz, I don't know if they made the stuff there or outsourced manufacture to China like many othert countries.

It seems that Einhel got involved with Ozito at about the time that Bunnings pulled out of the UK, and now the Ozito brand is touted around various trade and diy small outlets. Only the Power X range cross compatible with Einhel. I don't know if it was a take over or just licensing of the brand.

Sponsored Links
if you look at tooled up they have been plugging ozito tools and einhell seems to be interlinked as in battery compatable

Thanks all. Yes so wesfarmers who are the group that owned bunnings had their foray in the UK market back when they bought homebase; they came in guns blazing bad mouthing the competition then realised they had made a massive error of judgement. I remember going into homebase once at the time and wondering what the hell the demographic was meant to be (although homebase has always been an oddity to me). Anyways I've done some reading and it seems einhill bought ozito out in 2013 which was 3 years before all of this; so initially ozito was not the same product and im wondering if the reputation has stuck.

I'm a regular DIY-er but not trade, and for me Einhill walks the balance well and i had made my peace with that for a while. The problem with all cordless ecosystems is that you have to really invest in the one, and as batteries dont last forever and the battery systems themselves often change i sometimes wonder if cordless tools are a little disposable anyway. For example I have some old makita plug in tools that are 25 years old and going strong but i wont be using the same cordless tools in 25 years.

Einhill's biggest prob for me is although they have a decent range in the Power X range there are some obvious holes; for example i want a palm router which they don't do, only a plunge. which means all of a sudden i now need another cordless system, or i go corded.

In regards to Ozito, the rep is so bad amongst people i speak to; i palm off some of that to the fact that people do seem to love to make fun of various makes. For example from my experience dewalt has a terrible reputation in some parts of america, and i have friends in texas who say its like a toy that falls apart - and if dewalt is falling apart i dunno what the hell they're doing with it

I've had an Ozito table saw for about 5-6 years now. It's definitely NOT a trade tool but fine for a diy'er so long as it is set up correctly and not abused. Bought from Homebase for about £100 if I'm correct.

I've had an Ozito table saw for about 5-6 years now. It's definitely NOT a trade tool but fine for a diy'er so long as it is set up correctly and not abused. Bought from Homebase for about £100 if I'm correct.

Thanks Conny - have you any experience with Einhill? Wondering if so how it compares

Not that I can remember to be honest. I may have possibly had a drill quite a few years ago but, if I did, I can't remember how it performed or what happened to it. Sorry.

DIY.
I have an Einhell Drill and Impact Driver kit.
Good price. Works well. Charges quickly - some cheaper brands don't.
Drill gets through most things. Huge Titan SDS for anything heavy going.

Have 4 or 5 of the 12V Drill/Drivers for IT/Electronic repair at work.
Again, no problems in the last 4-5 Years.

Came across the Ozito brand some time ago when searching for power x change for things to buy.

I would put Einhell in the Ryobi/Erbauer/Lidl/Aldi range
Decent enough for DIY.

Thanks Conny - have you any experience with Einhill? Wondering if so how it compares
Sorry Dylan, I discovered to day that my, little used, circular saw is Einhell. Had it at least 20 years and still working ok. Only complaint is the sliding edge guide is a bit flimsy but seems to do the trick. Strictly diy grade though and not suitable for a pro.

Where was it made, @conny? They originally made products in Spain (despite being a German company), but they have also bought in tools from elsewhere in the past (e.g.they sold a version of the Perles OF808 router - also sold as the Trend T5, deWalt DW614/615 and by Virutes as well).

Where was it made, @conny? They originally made products in Spain (despite being a German company), but they have also bought in tools from elsewhere in the past (e.g.they sold a version of the Perles OF808 router - also sold as the Trend T5, deWalt DW614/615 and by Virutes as well).
I'll have a look tomorrow when I go in my shed.

@JobAndKnock, it looks like it may have been made in Germany.
The name plate details are;

Elektro-Handkreissage - BHS 66-1
230v 50Hz 1200watt
185 x 2.4 x 20
No4500
Ser: UK - 2229
Bj: 2007-08
ISC GmbH - Eschenstrasse 6 - 94045 LANDAU

@JobAndKnock, it looks like it may have been made in Germany.
The name plate details are;

Elektro-Handkreissage - BHS 66-1
230v 50Hz 1200watt
185 x 2.4 x 20
No4500
Ser: UK - 2229
Bj: 2007-08
ISC GmbH - Eschenstrasse 6 - 94045 LANDAU
its worth mentioning
both my ryobi and bosch have similar format including german adress but less obviouse say made in china/Taiwan
they only need to mark country off origin and it can be hidden away not to mislead but to give a different impression

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back