Packing in this forum

How much do these courses cost? Only it cost me £20,000 to qualify as a physicist!

I see your point though, this will encourage "cowboys", and as people won't be able to do DIY or afford proper tradesmen, they will employ cowboys. And of course, there will be electricians, currently legitimate, who will start operating without the newly-required necessaries thus earning cowboy status. Say you were planning to retire after a year or two, would you bother?

Sponsored Links
No, I am a physicist, but I do a lot of "systems engineering" as part of my job. Many of my colleagues are engineers (proper ones, unlike me!).

Yeah, I'm not "qualifying" to become "a competent person" either.

I'm already "qualified" and I'm "competent", but if JP wants to make me unqualified and incompetent, then so be it.

Sponsored Links
Same old story coming out here.

I used to be apathetic Now I can't be bothered

securespark said:
but if JP wants to make me unqualified and incompetent, then so be it.

Part P doesn't sound so great when put like that! What if they did this with other professions? Medicine perhaps. "Sorry Dr Smith, but you need to do another course, won't teach you anything, but you get a certificate that means you can carry on practicing. It will cost you, too." :rolleyes:

Wouldn't stop anyone mad enough to do their own DIY surgery either :eek:

Adam said.
Part P doesn't sound so great when put like that! What if they did this with other professions? Medicine perhaps. "Sorry Dr Smith, but you need to do another course, won't teach you anything, but you get a certificate that means you can carry on practicing. It will cost you, too."

They do it with Doctors, the diference being Doctors (despite being higher paid) would get all the training and expenses provided by the taxpayer.

This is all really just a departure from previous government method's of work creation. The historic uses of public bodies for this are now coming home to roost in the form of pension costs. Gov needs to create work for political and social reasons but preferably at someones elses expence.

This is what it is all about, plain and simple, it may annoy and upset but that don't matter. Put another way is take it or leave it (or pay up and shut up). They just expect you to pass the cost on to the customer, like they do.

I don't disagree with the medical profession being paid for out of taxes, it's all a matter of what one deems important to our living in society, surely it is an important factor to have people that can look after the rest of us so much so that you can't rely on the private sector to provide this as that comes with a cost(some individuals not allowed treatment as they can't afford it) when medical care should be everyone's birthright.

Totally off on a tangent, but I've just had a brilliant idea... what if, when the French government next changes, we contract them in as a consultant government for a couple of years? Then we will end up with 35 hour weeks, working NHS, we'll all get August off, 96 bank holidays a year (thereabouts). It would be brilliant, providing we don't need to have a war at any point.

Of course we would have to opt out of certain things. Smoking Camels, eating weird squidgy things and having grotty teeth would have to remain socially unacceptable.

AdamW said:
idea... what if, when the French government next changes, we contract them in as a consultant government for a couple of years? Then we will end up with 35 hour weeks, working NHS, we'll all get August off, 96 bank holidays a year (thereabouts). It would be brilliant, providing we don't need to have a war at any point.

Does that mean we can close the ports at busy periods then?

It's been another interesting post this, but have you noticed who hasn't been back since he started it? has he gone already? would be a shame!

AdamW said:
No, I am a physicist, but I do a lot of "systems engineering" as part of my job. Many of my colleagues are engineers (proper ones, unlike me!).

Fair enough, just don't mention bucky balls. :LOL:

i see PVM was soon forgotten...thread soon went off on a tangent !

Sponsored Links
Back