Painting aquapanel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,

I am installing aquapanel along a wall in my bathroom where two thirds of the wall will be a shower area and tiled and the other third will be painted with a towel rad.

Can you paint directly onto aquapanel? Do you have to prime it or anything first? What is the best way to disguise the joints? Do not really want to skim as the area to be painted is only 0.6m wide x 2.7m high.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
I would have thought Aquapanel far too coarse for a finish and the screw fixings and joints would look rough. Moisture resistant plaster board with a couple of coats of paint should be OK if it is out of the splash zone.
I used Marmox board, a similar product to aquapanel (but insulating and somewhat smoother than aquapanel) in my bathroom, I skimmed it in the untiled area with Pollycell Smoothover and with a light sand it painted nicely.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back