Panasonic Bread Maker

Sponsored Links
Semi,
My pleasure.

Fully understand that as I do also buy from ebay, and items can be defective (eg once received a mains cable that was all protective sheaf with a single strand of copper inside. Above are my 'trusted' suppliers.

The values on you selected cap look accurate and correct.
Also a good brand.

But I have not actually fixed a bread maker (have changed caps on a lot of other equipment inc lawnmowers and DVD players) so cannot confirm shape is correct.
You may need eyeball failed capacitor to confirm shape yourself before purchase.

Edit: I think This is the RS one:
https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/polypropylene-film-capacitors/1964747/

SFK

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
For this application I would not bother with a special high temp - 85oC is enough as the circuit should not be getting hot, either from operation or from cooking.

But FYI for the slightly more harsh industrial rated caps I would then be looking at Mouser whose TDKs are rated at 100oC:
https://www.mouser.co.uk/Passive-Co...-Run-Capacitors/_/N-fb8xk?Keyword=3uF&FS=True
https://www.mouser.co.uk/new/epcos/epcos-b32355c-motor-run-caps/
But I think they might be B2B sellers.

@EightyTwo, which supplier do you use? Would be good to add to my list.

SFK

Last edited:
I like the look of the TDK one, not too big either!

Like many others, I bought mine from Maplin in the early days of this thread! It's still working now (in fact, I have a loaf baking at this very moment!). I had a quick look through some other suppliers but most seem to be 85°C and around a fiver.

Just to say that I also managed to repair my SD-ZB2502 with the 3µF cap replacement!
Kneads like new, now!
My machine is over 6 years old and has been baking nearly everyday since we bought it (sometimes even twice a day).
The last year, the bread also sometimes didn't seem to rise properly, but not always, until last week 4 loaves faile in a row. I already had replaced the overtemp sensor within the last year, so I feared that I would finally have to buy a new one, until I found this thread (found some similar info on a dutch forum, BTW, but the info here was more clear).
I just hate to have to throw out an otherwise perfectly working machine.
I'll admit that you need a little understanding of how to take apart home appliances and a bit of electronics, but all in all a fairly easy fix!
Thanks a lot, guys!

This is just to day thank you very much for the clue regarding the motor capacitor. (And apologies for being a little late to the party.)

My Panasonic SD-255 had been sat on the worktop for well over a year (probably nearer two) doing nothing after it began not mixing the dough, apparently. I hadn't had much time to look at it but then I caught The Bug and was stuck at home not being able to work. Time to tackle the domestic job list and so I fitted a new drive belt - no difference. Then I found this thread and so I checked the capacitor - less than 1uf. A new part - from RS Components to ensure quality - did the job; very happy.

One thing to note is the solder on the Panasonic circuit board is high temperature so a 25W soldering iron won't touch it (or at least mine wouldn't). My 100W iron did it easily, but you need to be quick to avoid collateral damage.

So, a big thanks to the folks who sussed the problem and posted on here.

Just to say that I also managed to repair my SD-ZB2502 with the 3µF cap replacement!

Good to hear. May I ask which capacitor you replaced and what was the capacity? I took mine apart today and I noticed there are three capacitors, each 0,1uF/300V. Is there another one besides the ones on the main circuit board?

You are looking for a capacitor that is separate from the PCB. Coke can shaped, About 5cm in length.

On page 4, there is a photo, and it is the light blue item on the far right.

Is it covered by a separate piece of the white plastic housing, just above the circuit board? I’m looking at the pictures I took earlier. That would explain why I can only see smaller capacitors.

Image on page 4 suggests that it might be.
(I have changed many caps in equipment, but never actually on this bread maker).
Sfk

It seems the circuit board on the 25xx models is turned 90 degrees anti clockwise, but there is a white plastic bulge a capacitor would fit into. I have ordered a replacement, will post back when it’s done (with pictures).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back