Panic Braking At Gatso's

FWL_Engineer

just a point here
NEVER EVER hit anyone from behind as its your fault WHATEVER YOU PLEAD ...

I was unlucky to be in a major car accident where a lady on a country road /National speed limit applies ..60 , had a brainwave to slam her brakes on to turn right over 2 single white lines into an track road ....I smashed into her at 30 after ramming my foot down on the brake even pulling the handbrake to swerve , I still shunted her in a hedge , 4 cars behind all did the same , an smashed into all of us ,
THANK GOD NO ONE WAS INJURED ..(this was before personal sue any one companies )

when the police came the farmers wife who caused this who had no Ins an Mot was was allowed to leave,OMFG!!

all us victims had charges of driving without due care etc

I fought it an just got a fine £1500 (urrgh)no penalty points ,as the judge agreed the farmers wife should be held accountable for her dangerous driving ,

I attended her court case , she said she was lost !!!!!!!!!
an all the other cars were persueing her(eh !!!)
she was frightened(WHY ???)
an turned off to her farm(Not that Lost then ,lol) to escape ....what a load of sh8te !!!

she was banned for 12months 4 points an £300 fine...A REAL JOKE

Sponsored Links
If you were a woman driving along alone and being persued you'd understand!

Jim- how come I'm being prosecuted for 36 in a 30, then?

Moz - you can hit someone in the rear and claim it was their fault - the woman who crashed into the back of me 6 months ago is claiming it was my fault. Why?

Because she claims I moved into her lane and cut down he stopping distance.

I did move into her lane, but 200 yards prior to the point of collision.

The best I can expect is 50/50.....

securespark said:
Jim- how come I'm being prosecuted for 36 in a 30, then?

Moz - you can hit someone in the rear and claim it was their fault - the woman who crashed into the back of me 6 months ago is claiming it was my fault. Why?

Because she claims I moved into her lane and cut down he stopping distance.

I did move into her lane, but 200 yards prior to the point of collision.

The best I can expect is 50/50.....

id imagine the only time you can claim for hittin someone is if none of their brake lights worked

Sponsored Links
securespark said:
Today I was doing a healthy 55-60 on a SC road, speed camera approaching, when the guy in front slammed on the stoppers at the last minute to get down to 30.....Winker!!!!!!!

I think there ought to be reverse-speed cameras, IYKWIM. Anyone flashed doing 30 in a 50/60/70 zone should be hauled in front of the beak.

We have had some 'different' camera's round our area for a while. Not Gatso, truvelo or specs but somthing different in a blue can. from what I have gathered they have both rear and forward facing radar designed to catch the people who slam there anchors on just before or on the camera. They are also digital and check tax etc... Not sure if they are still under trial but don't think they can yet issue points?!?!
Also they have absolutely NO marking on road and are quite conspicuous!

olly_k said:
Also they have absolutely NO marking on road and are quite conspicuous!

the camera vans dont have marking on the ground either

olly_k said:
somthing different in a blue can

What? Slim, blue rectangular units which point both ways?

They're TrafficMaster units, monitoring traffic flow....

securespark said:
olly_k said:

:LOL:

cant say ive seen them tho

securespark said:
olly_k said:

No they are not traffic masters been aware of these for years - these are a bit smaller than gatso (narrower) and have a rectangular blacked out window facing rear of unit - and standard flash / camera facing trafic direction - It makes me laugh when people think TM's are camera's I think they are nothing more than 'shadow counters' LOL!

Sponsored Links
Back