Part P and first fix

I don't know the situation with regards to building control
You need to find out.

Apart from the difficulties of finding an electrician to falsify documents to say that he did the work (and frankly you should run a mile from anybody that dishonest anyway), there's the risk that that might not be what BC are expecting.

For all you know the original application said that a 3rd-party certification would be done, so an electrician popping up saying "it's all me own work, guv" is going to ring alarm bells.

Ditto if the plan was DIY electrical work and a satisfactory inspection and testing by an electrician. Which incidentally would be the ideal situation for you, as that would be easy and non-contentious to arrange.

Building Control have apparently signed off the renovation and are just wating on the electrics to be finished before they're happy.
You should ask them what the original application was based on, and what outstanding actions are needed to ensure that the project remains on track and completes successfully and in a way with which they are happy.

Sponsored Links
For what its worth, a work colleague of Mrs CB was left in the lurch by the spark who wired her extension, job was completed and energised and he did a runner, after a short discussion with the BI he agreed to accept a PIR (as was) by myself to sign the job off

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back