Partial lockdown up north.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Tomorrow is going to be a scorcher. Just about everybody I know is heading to the beach.

Get ready for a southern lockdown in 2 weeks too!

Well, that puts Himmy's 'staycation government conspiracy theory' firmly in the bin.

People have ignored lockdown for weeks and weeks where I am. Tbh, I'm surprised it's not spread more already.

Sponsored Links
I walked past one of our locals just now. Beer garden was packed. Felt a bit jealous, really fancy a pint right now.
Road much busier now. But London still dead quiet.

Go for a pint in London?! :)
I keep meaning to go for a drive around London to see how quiet it is. It's great when it's quiet - sometimes through work I'd be going through the centre of London at 3am, just zipped through. 20 mins to do a journey that normally takes 2hrs.

My wife had an exam last week - city was deserted, and Trafalgar Square had about 2 people in it.

It is a perfect time to go sightseeing in London. Pay the congestion charge fee and cruise around London for the day.

My mate had to go up London the other week for an appointment. He got there early so he popped in a pub for a couple of pints and said they were lovely but then they should have been at £5.30 a pint!

not much cheaper in Essex now though. When I started drinking you could get 3 pints and crisps and still get change from a fiver. Happy days.

think you could get 4 pints and a packet of crisp for a pound when I started .......

Last pint I had was about 4 years ago and that was in a pub in Essex, at a leaving do. I bought a round of drinks, double scotch and 2 pints. No change out of a twenty. I couldn't afford to be an alchy these days that's for sure.

My father used to buy them. Tom. Caxton

Beer brewing kits 1 kit used to make 20 pints if I recall

Bitter or lager was the choice :)

Last pint I had was about 4 years ago and that was in a pub in Essex, at a leaving do. I bought a round of drinks, double scotch and 2 pints. No change out of a twenty. I couldn't afford to be an alchy these days that's for sure.
in the grand spirit of DIY brew your own, I brew from kits and it works out about 50p a pint, as good as any bought beer. It's mostly pretty good stuff too.

The real spikea are in Burnley, Oldham, Rochdale, Bradford and Halifax, which have high concentrations of non-indigenous people.
But because the government doesn't want to be called out for r a ci $m, we all have to suffer.
beeb news suggested a posh part of manchesyer was infected?
but then again the beeb seem to be trying to brain wash the nation in how to think correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back