Partial lockdown up north.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't nip round to next doors' to bring back the mower he borrowed, but I can go to the local and mix with strangers, or to Tescos, or to a restaurant - why? A: because they have card readers.

Sponsored Links
Last pint I had was about 4 years ago and that was in a pub in Essex, at a leaving do. I bought a round of drinks, double scotch and 2 pints. No change out of a twenty. I couldn't afford to be an alchy these days that's for sure.
When I turned 18 I was set to work in my parents pub, bitter was 10p, best bitter 11p, Guiness probably 13p

Sponsored Links
The real spikea are in Burnley, Oldham, Rochdale, Bradford and Halifax, which have high concentrations of non-indigenous people.
But because the government doesn't want to be called out for r a ci $m, we all have to suffer.
No Celts? Don't tell me, it's the lack of Scots that's let us down!

And not all of us are suffering, just Northerners.

in the grand spirit of DIY brew your own, I brew from kits and it works out about 50p a pint, as good as any bought beer. It's mostly pretty good stuff too.
My dad used to make a pretty good pint of bitter, very cheap way indeed. Can remember the dog getting utterly legless when the barrel leaked when we were out, he loved beer that dog :) My dad also used to make rumtopf (remember it was all the rage?) and sloe gin. The gin was really nice, didn't taste of gin at all.

I'm more of a fan of lager if I drink at all.. must be harder to make?

"" Labour criticised the government for a lack of clarity over the measures and for announcing them "late at night". ""

I guess the Labour party "experts" are not aware that virus do not sleep but do their work 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

Bernard

Do you think that their criticism is invalidated?

Well, that puts Himmy's 'staycation government conspiracy theory' firmly in the bin.

People have ignored lockdown for weeks and weeks where I am. Tbh, I'm surprised it's not spread more already.
I noticed you merely offered an assertion without any reasoning behind it. Care to elucidate?
The recent measures applied to nortern regions of UK has quite the opposite effect of proving my suspicion wrong. It reinforces my suspicion. It also demonstrates the shambolic approach to the pandemic by the UK government, when even its own party members cannot explain the most recent measures with any shred of consistency.
Why put restrictions for travellers returning from Spain when the situation in UK is as bad?
Additionally, if UK can recognise regions of UK for specific measures, why can't they apply the same rationale to Spain?

The answers to both questions reinforces my suspicions, rather than suppressing it.

In addition, Luxembourg is a small country with only about ½ million people, and is mostly rural. I don't suppose many of those will be wanting to come to UK anytime soon, especially as they are free to visit Germany or France with much lower rates than UK.

Moreover, you have yet to demonstrate that my suspicion is a conspiracy theory, despite that it obviously doesn't meet the criteria for the definition of a conspiracy theory.

Last edited:
The real spikea are in Burnley, Oldham, Rochdale, Bradford and Halifax, which have high concentrations of non-indigenous people.
But because the government doesn't want to be called out for r a ci $m, we all have to suffer.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
When some facts support an ideology, they are quoted to reinforce the ideology.
However:

beeb news suggested a posh part of manchesyer was infected?
but then again the beeb seem to be trying to brain wash the nation in how to think correctly.
When the facts do not support the ideology, the facts must be wrong!
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bernard

Do you think that their criticism is invalidated?

You consider that making an announcement at at 9pm on Twitter, to take effect at midnight, is well-handled?

You consider that making an announcement at at 9pm on Twitter, to take effect at midnight, is well-handled?

Well it could have been worse

Could have. Been at 10 pm or 11pm?

Although 7 or 8 pm would have been better?

"Manchester City Council
11h ·
Government has announced that from midnight tonight, people from different households will not be allowed to meet each other indoors in Greater Manchester.

We are currently awaiting further guidance. We will provide more information as soon as we can."

The spikes according to Tony1851?
But the areas most affected according to the press:
Blackburn, Darwen, Burnley, Hyndburn, Pendle, Rossendale, Bradford, Calderdale and Kirklees.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...-restrictions-north-covid-cases-a9647001.html

Has Tony1851 cherry-picked the areas on which he wants to concentrate, conveniently ignoring other areas?
It's called massaging the data to suit your agenda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back