Partial lockdown up north.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
A competent job would have been to issue a clear document, agreed with local authorities and agencies, to be included in radio and TV news.

It should not have come as a surprise to, for example, Manchester City Council.

Cummings seeks to rule the nation centrally, keeping others in the dark.

Sponsored Links
Could not have come at a worst time either

Festival of ede

Bit like cancelling Christmas Dinner

:eek:

You consider that making an announcement at at 9pm on Twitter, to take effect at midnight, is well-handled?

What would you prefer.

Isn't it obvious to you that using every means to get the information to the public is necessary.

Twitter and other social media are almost instant and the notice can be posted at any time by anyone with a keyboard and an account,

Getting the same message to the public via radio broadcasts and official websites involves several people preparing the information for posting.

A competent job would have been to issue a clear document, agreed with local authorities and agencies, to be included in radio and TV news.

And thus delay the crucial information reaching the public for a few hours if not days.

Last edited:
Getting the same message to the public via radio broadcasts and official websites involves several people preparing the information for posting.
Several eyes that can spot the problems.

And thus delay the crucial information reaching the public for a few hours if not days.
Better to have clear consistent guidelines that are easily understood, than an error prone mishmash of confusion and inconsistency.

I noticed you merely offered an assertion without any reasoning behind it. Care to elucidate?
The recent measures applied to nortern regions of UK has quite the opposite effect of proving my suspicion wrong. It reinforces my suspicion. It also demonstrates the shambolic approach to the pandemic by the UK government, when even its own party members cannot explain the most recent measures with any shred of consistency.
Why put restrictions for travellers returning from Spain when the situation in UK is as bad?
Additionally, if UK can recognise regions of UK for specific measures, why can't they apply the same rationale to Spain?

The answers to both questions reinforces my suspicions, rather than suppressing it.

In addition, Luxembourg is a small country with only about ½ million people, and is mostly rural. I don't suppose many of those will be wanting to come to UK anytime soon, especially as they are free to visit Germany or France with much lower rates than UK.

Moreover, you have yet to demonstrate that my suspicion is a conspiracy theory, despite that it obviously doesn't meet the criteria for the definition of a conspiracy theory.
Pure, boring waffle, all twisted to try and justify your weird, nonsensical logic.

What would you prefer.

I'd obviously prefer a competent job that includes all the people who need to know, and all the organisations that need to do something or can help

I find it hard to believe that you don't.

upload_2020-7-31_10-50-20.png

Sorry, I can't work it out.
Can you explain it to me, please?

My mate had to go up London the other week for an appointment. He got there early so he popped in a pub for a couple of pints and said they were lovely but then they should have been at £5.30 a pint!
That's not bad for London. Last time I had a drink in Croydon about a year ago it was £5.10 for a pint of fairly normal lager.Not been to a pub since lockdown started in March, because the weather has been so good, been in the garden with bottle or three of Hoegaarden at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back