Partial lockdown up north.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just checked the details on the gov.uk website, and there's no mention of France, or any other EU countries being exemptions.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) and entering or returning to the UK
If you’re a resident or visitor travelling to the UK, you must provide your journey and contact details.

You’ll also need to self-isolate in the place you’re staying for the first 14 days after you arrive, unless you’re travelling from certain countries or territories.

You may be fined up to £100 if you refuse to provide your contact details. You may be fined more if you break this rule more than once. You may also be fined up to £1,000 if you refuse to self-isolate, or you could face further action.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-border-control
Exemptions for certain workers, yes, but no mention of arrivals from any country, other than the CTA. I suppose you have to consult another document to find that out, but that document was not listed, so it might as well not exist.

Talk about confusion and shambles!

Sponsored Links
No.
Its all a load of scaremongering horlicks.
Do you really think that washing your hands, wearing a mask and keeping away from people will do nothing to stem the spread of this virus?

Sponsored Links
No.
Its all a load of scaremongering horlicks.
And you say 6 million or more? You actually admit that.
Lets get it to up the entire population.
And listen to the real experts for once.
You seem to be intent on smashing the economy forever.
And then of course you will blame the tories.
The advice is the same world over. This isn't a Tory thing, this isn't scaremongering horlicks..
The experts/scientists from many a country are saying the same thing. What makes you qualified to think you know better?

You're not accepting advice to try and keep as many people safe as possible. Our elderly and sick are the most vulnerable, please look after these good folk..

I am within the current lockdown area of Rossendale.
Although Rossendale is not one of the areas that has a high rise in cases that caused this, we just get lumped in due to being between Blackburn and Burnley.
So I'm not allowed to visit other peoples houses (unless they are already within my bubble) and I have to wear a mask when I go to any public enclosed spaces.
I can understand the science involved in this and what wearing a mask does.
It's not hard for me to figure out when I need to wear a mask or not, or whether I can go into another house or not.
Although for some it seems to be.

No problem.
I agree with it, if it helps to lower the spread of this horrible thing then I'm all for it - the less that die the better.

Although a few of those on here could do with a good dose of it - it may stop your bitching!

And you say 6 million or more?

We have had 60,000 excess deaths.

What do you think the mortality rate of infected people is? It might be one to five in a hundred.

Calculate it yourself.

A further account of personal experience at the Portsmouth border control:
So the official Government website is incorrect,i can,t believe the sloppiness of these departments,especially with something as important as this.Quarantine is not required for people returning to or visiting the UK from France.Our friend is testimony to this,she was only in the UK for a few days.She had the form with her,Border Force at Portsmouth asked to see it,she told them that she didn,t have to quarantine,they asked “why not”,she told them,”because i have come from France”,then she was met with a blank stare,what is going on?​
It would appear that even the border force officers don't know the policy.
Maybe they're new to the job? :whistle:

To be honest, with pubs open it all seems pointless. We must have on average 200 people in our tiny local and drunk people do not social distance at all... repeat this scene up and down the country and that's a problem.

I don't understand why someone can't go into a socially distance theatre though but can get hammered in a pub.

Sounds like they might close again.

@mattylad,

So , you can't go around friends ' houses..

Could you instead meet them down the pub?

Or are you only allowed to meet strangers down the pub?

I agree with it, if it helps to lower the spread of this horrible thing then I'm all for it - the less that die the better
This.

Why is it so hard for some people to agree with such a message: "we all do our bit, its a bit of an inconvenience, but if it helps we can wear a mask and follow a few rules"

I just don't get people like Ryler: moaning like a drain about having to wear a mask, its not that big a deal.

Why is it so hard for some people to agree with such a message: "we all do our bit, its a bit of an inconvenience, but if it helps we can wear a mask and follow a few rules"

Let's just see how accommodating you are Notch, when (not if) we're still being told to mask up in one, two, or more years' time.......

And I'll be happier than anyone to be proved wrong on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back