Partial lockdown up north.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it not just become the norm after so many years? They've been wearing them for a long time and infections like Sars are in recent memory in Asia, places like China, Japan. It's considered polite, a mask of respect to your fellow man to try and protect them.
I quite like that. Britain has a trend to not care about anyone else these days..

Sponsored Links
Let's just see how accommodating you are Notch, when (not if) we're still being told to mask up in one, two, or more years' time.......

And I'll be happier than anyone to be proved wrong on this.

but snowflakes like Ryler are grizzling about it now.

I dont like masking up, but I have a solution: I avoid it by not going anywhere that needs to do so....and when I do, its rare so I tolerate it.

TBH you might be wrong, people will get used to it, its about behaviour modification and rather like having to wear a seat belt, we wont think about it too much.

Does it not just become the norm after so many years? They've been wearing them for a long time and infections like Sars are in recent memory in Asia, places like China, Japan. It's considered polite, a mask of respect to your fellow man to try and protect them.
I quite like that. Britain has a trend to not care about anyone else these days..

And not shaking hands? Or hugging a friend you haven't seen for a while?
Think it through Sod ; if mask - wearing is logical and required, so is social - distancing.

Restaurant to suit ryler

MaskFreedom.png

Sponsored Links
And not shaking hands? Or hugging a friend you haven't seen for a while?
Think it through Sod ; if mask - wearing is logical and required, so is social - distancing.
Yes it is, they go together, I agree.

Tbh, a dear friend that I want to hug I'd rather keep safe by not hugging them for a while - I'd care about them too much. There's always your social bubbles, a handful of dear friends/family which makes sense so you can still get a hug in now and then :)

I dont like masking up, but I have a solution: I avoid it by not going anywhere that needs to do so....and when I do, its rare so I tolerate it.

Which is what I do. But as I've just said, it's not just the mask ; no hands shakes, no hugging an old friend......

And if that's a sad thought for old (er) buggers like us, what about people like my kids (one just recently a teenager, one just started driving)?

Not an existence I would look forward to with relish.....

And, kids being kids, what are they going to do? Especially when the hormones take over (in the same way that some lose all rational thought, when they've had a beer)?
They won't give a toss; no masks, no distance, no nothing.
Which means anyone with kids may as well not bother either (unless they want to disown them!)

Oh well, back to the bbq :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Which is what I do. But as I've just said, it's not just the mask ; no hands shakes, no hugging an old friend......

And if that's a sad thought for old (er) buggers like us, what about people like my kids (one just recently a teenager, one just started driving)?

Not an existence I would look forward to with relish.....
Kids are so resilient, they'll bounce back from the mental aspects of this am sure and besides, they're allowed to see their mates, just not as in large a group they once could. They also have technology on their side, most of them are already used to keeping in touch virtually imo.

Kids are so resilient, they'll bounce back from the mental aspects of this am sure and besides, they're allowed to see their mates, just not as in large a group they once could. They also have technology on their side, most of them are already used to keeping in touch virtually imo.

Sorry, I was asking to my post to which you responded. :)

From a black American....

"I don't feel safe wearing a handkerchief or something else that isn't CLEARLY a protective mask covering my face to the store because I am a Black man living in this world. I want to stay alive but I also want to stay alive. There is still the nuance of race that dictates our lives and the way we move through spaces, even in these turbulent times. So until I get a proper and official face mask ima have to run the grocery store like it's 1993 and I'm on Supermarket Sweep."

Oh well, back to the bbq
Cool! what you having?

yesterday I did chicken thighs on the Weber with a dry rub:

• 4 tsp dark brown sugar
  • 3 tsp smoked paprika
  • 1 tsp hot paprika
  • 1 tsp coarse salt
  • 1 tsp ground black pepper
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 2 tsp onion powder
  • 2 tsp cumin
  • 1 tsp ground coriander