Partial smoking ban

I have never smoked in my life but I dont mind those who do ...

I go to plenty of boozers/clubs an if their was a No Smoking Ban they would be empty ....or all stood outside as said about them sh*tty weatherspawn pubs

btw if you dont like second hand smoke in a pub or club .....dont get a bar job ..simple really

and lots of places now have a no smoking area , which is always deserted

Sponsored Links
masona said:
Not easy living with you eh? :LOL: ;)
I'll ask her after she's finished milking the cows and planting the spuds, as long as she does as I tell her I think we get on fine :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Moz said:

I go to plenty of boozers/clubs an if their was a No Smoking Ban they would be empty ....or all stood outside as said about them sh*tty weatherspawn pubs

btw if you dont like second hand smoke in a pub or club .....dont get a bar job ..simple really

The experience in Ireland, or anywhere else with a ban has proved those arguments a myth

mandiehun said:
Keyplayer do you have to be so hard on smokers
I wasn't being hard on them, I feel sorry for them as they are addicted to nicotine. It's the dealers I would like to see punished, the likes of K.Clarke who profit hugely from others misery.
does any body in your family smoke
Yes
do call them sad drug addicts, and mean it ?
Yes
you sad nonsmoker
Uh, not sure about the implication of this statement.

Show me the smoker who never wishes he'd never got hooked.

Sponsored Links
You ask more or less any smoker that's tried to give up and they'll say that it's usually in the pub where they weaken and start up again. It's our duty to ban smoking in pubs and clubs to help these addicts quit.
Around 22% of people in the UK smoke but of the patrons in our local that figure is much higher. Just think how many people don't go into pubs because of smokers. I don't smoke (because I'm not a fool) but I still go to pubs to be sociable. It absolutely sickens me to go home to my wife and child stinking of someone else's FILTH.
A smoking ban will come in, so get used to the idea. It will be a total ban and will be punishable by stiff fines. Now the trick will be in getting people to take the ban seriously. Some people are gonna need to be made an example of, and a zero tolerance standpoint will called for.
Good luck to all those smokers whom have to stand outside the pubs and clubs - the fresh air will undoubtably do you good.
Gcol

A partial ban would meet gcol's objections to smoke.

But that's not good enough for gcol. He wants to be nasty, "It's our duty to ban...". No it's not. That's just an excuse for gcol to be a nasty bully.

I'm sure he's looking forward to reading of some poor smoker who, in the face of a total ban, gets caught with a lit fag. He'll delight and get his rocks off when the smoker gets a "stiff fine".

gcol, regarding smoking in pubs/clubs even if they banned it , it would still be hard if anybody were trying to stop, if they are like me, a pint in one hand and a fag in the other, they go together like salt and pepper, unless i go hands free and drink through a straw :LOL:

as a smoker who packs up regularly :rolleyes: I have to say I welcome this ban. When I finaly pack up tho lol the health service will need a few more ££££££££ income tax from you non smokers to make up what smokers tax used to put in. I'm all for clean air! now then I wonder how many of you non smokers drive a car and pollute the athmosphere~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ and ~~~~~etc etc etc :LOL:

hermes, when you talk about people smoking and using up huge amounts of hospital resources as a result o s,r,d, what about the place they are trying to ban it from pubs/clubs etc you could say stop drinking because it costs the goverment £ 20 billion a year on alcohol-related harm. 22,000 are killed directly by booze, mainly through liver disease but also because of accidents, fights or other drink related incidents. 150,000 people a year are admitted to hospital because of alcohol, thats what you call using up huge amounts of hospital resources. ps and s,r,d ;)

Believe me Stoday, I ain't being nasty - I'm not even getting warmed up yet. :evil:
The whole point about this ban is that it protects others around you - that's why they want to bring it in. They're not trying to look after the welfare of smokers, it's every other poor sod that they're killing that this ban will protect.
You can say what you like about drinking, but that doesn't directly poison the person stood next to you. No one is saying that drinking doesn't cause problems in a percentage of people, but that isn't the argument here. There are far more people that drink responsibly and don't have a problem with violence than those that do. Whereas smoking affects everyone in that area.
I can't understand the mentality of anyone that is against a smoking ban. What makes a smoker so special that they can dictate where people can and can't go freely without being poisoned? I should be able to walk were I want in public without having to breathe toxic fumes. I suppose we're going to have the point made now about car pollution and how that's killing us. This is a far more difficult problem to solve than smoking but steps are already being taken to reduce car pollution.
What could be easier than to introduce a smoking ban? The thing that people don't seem to realise is that it's for their own good! I read something that said that a man aged 35 that smokes can expect to reduce his lifespan by 7 years.
Gcol

markie said:
it would still be hard if anybody were trying to stop, if they are like me, a pint in one hand and a fag in the other, t:

Yes it is hard to give up, but pubs are the worst places for starting up again and making pubs smoke-free will make it easier for anyone who wants to give up.

hermes, when you talk about people smoking and using up huge amounts of hospital resources as a result o s,r,d, what about the place they are trying to ban it from pubs/clubs etc you could say stop drinking because it costs the goverment £ 20 billion a year on alcohol-related harm. 22,000 are killed directly by booze, mainly through liver disease but also because of accidents, fights or other drink related incidents. 150,000 people a year are admitted to hospital because of alcohol, thats what you call using up huge amounts of hospital resources. ps and s,r,d

Yes I agree with you, drinking causes a lot of problems but people in general are not as opposed to drinking as they are to smoking. If you are a non-smoker in a room with a smoker it is both unpleasant and unhealthy for you. The same does not apply to a non-drinker being in a room with a drinker. I suppose you have to weigh up the pros and cons. Drinking causes problems but many more people enjoy it than smoking and don't have a problem with it.

ellal said:
Moz said:

The experience in Ireland, or anywhere else with a ban has proved those arguments a myth

How so? Everything I have read points to a downturn in takings and the closing of premises.

confidentincompetent said:
the health service will need a few more ££££££££ income tax from you non smokers to make up what smokers tax used to put in.
Shouldn't make any difference because the money you saved is taxable whatever you spend it on!
I'm all for clean air! now then I wonder how many of you non smokers drive a car and pollute the athmosphere~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ and ~~~~~etc etc etc :LOL:
The difference is that the smokers wouldn't like it if I start my car up inside their pub :!:

Sponsored Links
Back