Patio on garage concrete foundation.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning,

I've been reading through the searches on this topic and there are lots but all are slightly different to my situation. I've also been reading Paving Expert but i need some eyes on advice before I make a mistake.

I'm planning on adding a gravel and stepping stone path to my garden, at the end of the garden there is a old concrete foundation about 100mm thick, which used to house a garage (1930's). I want to place a few pavers in a grid for BBQs and that sort of thing rather than only loose gravel (see pics).

My worry is there are some large cracks and dips / weeds coming through, how should I tackle this area? My current plan is to clear/de-weed lay weed membrane, whack MOT1 50/100mm , then a 50mm mortar bed for the 20mm porcelain slabs + slab primer, fill the surround with gravel.

For the path similar 100mm mot 1 (150mm where the pavers lay). then same above.

I am interested in laying pavers on dry gravel as it looks cost effective and I guess allows for movement and better drainage on the lawn areas but not sure if anyone has advice on this?

Any advice would be really handy, going to spending a fair bit of money so I want to get it right.

Cheers guys.

Attachments

• Garden Design.JPG
    Garden Design.JPG
    211 KB · Views: 16
  • Thirdview.JPG
    Thirdview.JPG
    314.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20240511_085340.jpg
    IMG_20240511_085340.jpg
    601 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20240511_085349.jpg
    IMG_20240511_085349.jpg
    663.2 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back