Paying a day rate

Why did you agree to a day rate without specifying how long the day was? Time to exercise the termination clause. I bet you don't have one.

Sponsored Links
Why did you agree to a day rate without specifying how long the day was? Time to exercise the termination clause. I bet you don't have one.

Sometimes we meet people and we think we are all on the same decent wavelength.

Sponsored Links
Maybe a sheltered life. I am always suspicious of trades people. Every time I use them, they prove me right. Hence, I rather DIY to save the hassle.

Job rate with flexi-hours would be perfectly normal, but not day rate.

I think your right. I can't stand dealing with tradesmen. Most are bad businessmen and poorly skilled.

I think your right. I can't stand dealing with tradesmen. Most are bad businessmen and poorly skilled.
I was saying to a builder the other, you can tell bad tradesmen “not all” because they can’t cash flow a decent job. They are forever rushing to get paid.

There is also flip side to that

What about some who does a 10
Hour day ?

Would some one be happy to pay extra ?????

Before I answer that, show me some one who would do 10 hours on a day rate.

Some people just take the pi$s, but the punter should ask before the agreement. But a genuine guy would do a proper say, or say upfront that their “day” is actually part time.

Before I answer that, show me some one who would do 10 hours on a day rate.

Some people just take the pi$s, but the punter should ask before the agreement. But a genuine guy would do a proper say, or say upfront that their “day” is actually part time.
Genuine tradesmen don't work on daily or hourly rate.

Genuine tradesmen don't work on daily or hourly rate.
a trader that nips in to a customer, on his way out or home, to do a small job, doesn't charge an hourly rate? A mechanic working on a car for an hour or 2, or 3 or 4 doesn't charge an hourly rate? ok if you say so

a trader that nips in to a customer, on his way out or home, to do a small job, doesn't charge an hourly rate? A mechanic working on a car for an hour or 2, or 3 or 4 doesn't charge an hourly rate? ok if you say so
They might well make a calculation in their head about how long it's going to take, but any decent tradesman will quote for a job, not the time.
Many times I nipped in to a customer for a quick job, for example changing a tap.
Quoted £60 in those days.
Sometimes I would be in and out in 15 minutes, other times it would take me a lot longer (no isolating valves, no idea where the seized main stopcock is, rusted up threads, etc.)
Sometimes you win, sometimes you don't.
On hourly rate on a simple job that becomes complicated, there's a good chance that the "quick nip in" would be transformed into a "next day finish" with a couple of hours added to fetch materials.
The only mechanics who charge by the hour are the main dealers who double and even triple the time required to do a job, as well as the cost of parts. (3 hours to change front discs and pads on a VW passat :ROFLMAO: )
I know you only deal with bodgers, but there's a different world out there.

Call out charge for the job on the way home. So an hour minimum.

They might well make a calculation in their head about how long it's going to take, but any decent tradesman will quote for a job, not the time.
Many times I nipped in to a customer for a quick job, for example changing a tap.
Quoted £60 in those days.
Sometimes I would be in and out in 15 minutes, other times it would take me a lot longer (no isolating valves, no idea where the seized main stopcock is, rusted up threads, etc.)
Sometimes you win, sometimes you don't.
On hourly rate on a simple job that becomes complicated, there's a good chance that the "quick nip in" would be transformed into a "next day finish" with a couple of hours added to fetch materials.
The only mechanics who charge by the hour are the main dealers who double and even triple the time required to do a job, as well as the cost of parts. (3 hours to change front discs and pads on a VW passat :ROFLMAO: )
I know you only deal with bodgers, but there's a different world out there.
you dont know much, about the motor trade, do you

Sponsored Links
Back