PC David Rathband found dead in apparent suicide

Sponsored Links
when he was shot, the first thing he thought was that his wife would leave him.......she assured him and the public that she vowed in sickness and in health and had been with him 20 years already. As soon as the cameras were off, so was she. Very sad.

when he was shot, the first thing he thought was that his wife would leave him.......she assured him and the public that she vowed in sickness and in health and had been with him 20 years already. As soon as the cameras were off, so was she. Very sad.
Very sad indeed, very hard for anyone to know how they would react if something like that happen, to them, or to there partner, but certainly the whole incident is very sad and if nothing else a reminder that even now life can be taken very easly.

Daniel

Sponsored Links
It's very easy to pick fault with his wife but we weren't there. We don't know what went on. He was certainly arrested for an assault at his home (we can draw our own conclusions from that). But ultimately it 'seems' the impact of the injuries was not only physical. Who's to know how you would react? It's terrible for all concerned with his family but based on what we know, which is very little, I think it unfair to point any finger of blame for this at his wife.

We weren't there. We don't know him. So lets give the public grief bit a rest.

What's a matter with you ? Are you depressed or something?

Yes. You keep on posting public grief threads. You don't know these people and neither do I so what's your point?

You said:
We weren't there. We don't know him.
I said:
we weren't there. We don't know what went on.
What's the difference in what we're saying?

As for:
So lets give the public grief bit a rest.
You keep on posting public grief threads.
I posted this as 'news' and it is sad that the lad felt so low as to take his own life. Yesterday I posted the news that Davy Jones (of The Monkees), had died as it was a 'news' feature. BOTH of these stories are in the news. Why do the news make any mention of it? What difference doees it make if Davy Jones died? If PC Rathband took his own life? It's in the news because we're ALL human, we can ALL sympathise and feel saddened by such news. It is sad that someone who is only 66 has died. The fact that he brought enjoyment to many of us makes (certainly me), feel it's a shame he's gone. PC Rathband was doing a respectable job. On the day of the attack he was simply sitting in his patrol car carrying out his job. A job that brings him in the sights of the likes of Raul Moat. Raul Moat has gone, he was young but I couldn't give a flying **** about him and I'm certainly not depressed in anyway about him dying. Good riddance in fact.

What's a matter with you ? Are you depressed or something?
I might well be. Why are you enquiring as to my mental well being after posting about PC Rathband's death? I may have posted other news features of the passing of other people, why is that an issue? You post plenty of what I see as tripe but I don't tell you it's tripe, I just move to the next thread. I don't feel the need to check on your mental well being either. If you are suffering from some mental disorder then I sympathise. It must be difficult for you. If you'd like to discuss it please post a thread and we can do so. If you'd like to speak about it privately then please feel free to PM me Joe. I've always got time to listen to you. I assume to have taken his life, PC Rathband must have been struggling terribly with mental issues. I sympathise with him too.

We don't know him.
You don't know these people
I'm from the North East Joe, I know the family.

You don't know these people and neither do I so what's your point?
We've been here before Joe, you have posted into threads to express your sorrow at the passing of members of this site. You were saddened at the loss of the little lad and his grandmother who drowned in the pond recently. You don't know any of those people. It's natural human nature to be saddened at the loss of people you know and/or have an affinity with, that's not a negative thing.

Like you said - it is a NEWS ITEM yet you try to control the thread as if it were an obituary. It's not. Anyone can talk about any aspect of a news item, and should be free from you telling them to show respect. Grief is a private emotion. I don't know what public grief is - but it certainly isn't true grief.

2000 smokers with family will die this very week.

You've got a lot of threads to start.

Like you Joe, I put my opinions across. You might not like/agree with my opinions but I'll post them whether you like/agree or not.

I have 'asked' for respect to be shown in threads such as this. If you choose to ignore that, that's your prerogative.

You have posted that you don't understand the, as you term it, 'public grief'. Call it whatever you wish, that's your opinion and you're, just like everyone else here, entitled to that opinion. It's what makes a General Discussion so interesting. If we all had the same values, opinions, views, there'd be no need or interest in a General Discussion forum.

Thank you Blas for the post....it is a sad case that a brave man like that was so lacking in support that he felt that was the only way out. Mental health issues till sadly carry a huge stigma and hopefully this will highlight the issue and produce more help and understanding for anyone suffering as he did.

It would be nice guys if you resisted the temptation to reduce the thread to yet another battle as Blas says if you aren't interested just ignore it.

It's a link to a news item - not an obituary.

It's a link to a news item - not an obituary.

Joe, you post more links to news items than anyone else....and they always seem to be doom and gloom links, no wonder people are getting depressed!

Sponsored Links
Back