Pc harper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I understand that but to see them smiling and laughing about it in court is just so remorseless and disrespectful to his family, it just sickens me. How anyone can accept that they didn’t look out of the rear window of a car when escaping and know full well what was happening behind them just fills me with disbelief.
Me too but if it was a murder charge, proving intent might have been too risky and they might have go away with it

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I’d certainly take advice on it and give it some serious consideration.

If it's unlikely to be increased, and there's a possibility of it being decreased. why bother?

Ok so they might get a few years added to their sentence, as far as I see it they are locked up for number of years and thats it

So many sentences for crimes of this nature are inappropriate - to short. What so many of the judiciary forget is the 'sentence' that such crime imposes on the families of the victims.
My family are still 'Paying' and will never recover for the death of two members of the family in 1965 - caused by a drunk driving into and over the car they were in. He received a sentence of 4 years at her Maj's pleasure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes the family and wife of PC Harper are the ones that have a life sentence

Years ago, this **** was jailed for life for killing my Godparent and his 10 year old son. Just as well because he wouldn’t have lived long had he just served time and been released. His wife suffered right up until the day she died.

I said this before...

"The judge told the court: "Sometimes death may be caused by an act of gross carelessness, sometimes it is very close to a case of murder in its seriousness. That is so, here."
He said the defendants' denials they did not know they were dragging anything behind the car were "clearly false" and he rejected the idea they had shown remorse."

So is it that the judge believed they knew they were dragging 'something', but seems to have come to the conclusion they didn't know what?
I do not understand the sentencing of the passengers.Either they did not know they were dragging someone and were innocent of that offence,or they did know,and it was murder.Either way I think it will go to appeal for being too leniant.

In my opinion, this wasn’t manslaughter and they should have all been tried for murder.
Unfortunately, the law is clear on what counts as murder and what counts as manslaughter.

however, the sentencing options open to a judge are the same for manslaughter as they are for murder.

which is a same. In my opinion, these worthless pieces of sh!t deserve the death penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back