Pc harper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our friend is a veggie and has been for about 35 years. She said she went veggie after visiting a farm and heard all the cows 'crying' on the way to the slaughter house. Funny thing is, she helps run and manage the local shoot.....

My daughter is a vegan now but when she was young she ate meat and she had a T-Shirt that said "MEAT IS MURDER" "Tasty, tasty murder" !

Sponsored Links
Back in the ole days livestock had their heads smashed in with a sledge.
Seen pigs in the abbotoir being slaughtered when I was about 8 years old.
Just a guy with a big knife slashed their throat then the hook dragged them up.

Then where do you draw the lines? Kill someone by driving dangerously? Is that execution or just maiming? What about self defense, or protecting your own property with disproportionate force?

In other cases it's a question of confidence, how sure are you that person A really did it. No matter where you draw the line then someone innocent will eventually get killed.

I'd rather lock people up for life rather than risk killing an innocent person.

If it was an accident, then you get jailed for 13/16 years provided the defendant's lawyers don't use the race or mental health bs trump card.
Death by carelessness should be jailed for life.

As you can see, the topic requires extensive discussion.

Sponsored Links
Back in the ole days livestock had their heads smashed in with a sledge.
Seen pigs in the abbotoir being slaughtered when I was about 8 years old.
Just a guy with a big knife slashed their throat then the hook dragged them up.
that sounds like religious slaughter to me - halal
[URL]https://www.theweek.co.uk/58447/halal-meat-what-does-it-involve-and-is-it-cruel-to-animals[/URL]

absolutely disgraceful that is allowed in the UK, both the british veterinary association and the RSPCA deem it cruel but on religious grounds it is allowed to take place.
https://www.rspca.org.uk/webContent...Defra_Non-stun_slaughter_Eustice_Feb_2020.pdf

that sounds like religious slaughter to me - halal

Sadly you have been misled. Halal slaughter in this country in generally performed with pre-stunning. The only difference is that prayers are said during the slaughter, or played from a recording.

Perhaps you are thinking of Jewish ritual slaughter, which is always performed on un-stunned animals.

For some reason anti-islam propagandists always neglect to mention this when they speak of religious slaughter.

Sadly you have been misled. Halal slaughter in this country in generally performed with pre-stunning. The only difference is that prayers are said during the slaughter, or played from a recording.

Perhaps you are thinking of Jewish ritual slaughter, which is always performed on un-stunned animals.

For some reason anti-islam propagandists always neglect to mention this when they speak of religious slaughter.
No I don't believe I have been mislead - sorry if that does not fit in with what you want to believe, but the facts heavily suggest that non stunned slaughter for halal meat forms a sgnificant proportion of all halal slaughter

https://www.rspca.org.uk/getinvolved/campaign/slaughter
  • In the UK, 58 percent of Halal meat comes from animals which have been stunned before slaughter and certified Halal.
  • All animals slaughtered under the Shechita (for Kosher) are non-stunned.

• In the UK, 58 percent of Halal meat comes from animals which have been stunned before slaughter and certified Halal.
  • All animals slaughtered under the Shechita (for Kosher) are non-stunned.

And that's why you said Kosher in your original post.

Ooops, my mistake, you didn't.

If it was an accident, then you get jailed for 13/16 years provided the defendant's lawyers don't use the race or mental health bs trump card.
Death by carelessness should be jailed for life.

As you can see, the topic requires extensive discussion.
Ah, so we kill people with mental health issues. Temporary or permanent?

What race card exists for murder?

Tony Martin would be dead under your rules, twice.

And you're executing around 400 people a year for careless and dangerous driving.

Last edited:
There must be a more humane way of killing animals, perhaps they could be made to engage in a debate with Bobby Dazzler so they simply lose the will to live.
I engage in conversation with animals regularly on this forum. :ROFLMAO:
They're still alive and spouting their nonsense.

[QUOTE="IT Minion, post: 4713745, member: 257311"+]And you're executing around 400 people a year for careless and dangerous driving.[/QUOTE]

I suspect that this would not be as harsh as it would seem at first sight.
I guess that some "careless" and "dangerous" driving charges are laid against the defendants to maximise the likelihood of convictions, rather than being absolutely true to the facts of the cases.

And you're executing around 400 people a year for careless and dangerous driving.

I suspect that this would not be as harsh as it would seem at first sight.
I guess that some "careless" and "dangerous" driving charges are laid against the defendants to maximise the likelihood of convictions, rather than being absolutely true to the facts of the cases.
Perhaps, I'm not sure that's true for cases where someone's died in an RTC, it strongly implies a lack of due care.

But that also brings up one of the other repercussions of having a death penalty, it becomes a lot harder to convict people as jurors who disagree with the sentence will refuse to hand it out.

Perhaps, I'm not sure that's true for cases where someone's died in an RTC, it strongly implies a lack of due care.

Not always, sometimes accidents are just pure accidents, unforeseen consequences / unavoidable. A driver can only do their best to concentrate on their driving and avoid becoming involved with or causing one. Sometimes there is just no time to react to something which happens in front of you.

I spent much of my working life on the road in the UK and EU. Despite 55 years behind the wheel and seeing numerous potential accidents developing in front of me and at times actually happening, I have so far managed to avoid becoming involved with any of them. Whether by skill or luck, but maybe a bit of both. I will say I do always look forward to a drive and derive a lot of enjoyment from developing my skill behind the wheel and take the process very seriously.

That I think is where so many go wrong, they pass the test and that is it so far as most are concerned, their driving takes a back seat to everything, including their use of the phone, listening to loud music etc..

I don't understand the manslaughter plea/verdict.

If the yobs didn't know PC Harper was there then surely they must be innocent.

If they did know he was there how can they claim they did not mean to kill him. WTF did they expect to happen?
I believe the law says that if you kill someone accidentally whilst committing a crime, it’s manslaughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back