Pc harper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
I agree with you completely Eddie, every case is individual.
I'm all for rehabilitation for some cases and reintegration back into society but I feel that there is little deterrent and minimal punishment for many offenders - and the lack of remorse from some is appalling. I'd doubt if Ms. Begum is reading this!
John :)

And I too can fully understand ones utter revulsion at some crimes, but doing what's right is often harder than doing what we'd probably like to do to the perps.

However, are we not all implicated in the initial crime anyway, by dint of the reasoning that "we" (society) let the miscreant down in the first place?

No, don't really subscribe to that, many crims come from good backgrounds (oft Eton/Oxbridge I jest slightly) But if we as society allow state execution, then when an innocent is executed we are complicit in that.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Colm Horkan was shot 15 times with his own gun.
The scumbag who did it will be carried out of jail in a box.
And rightly so.

Your position is confused, Eddie.

Either , we are

....... better than them.

.... or we are not.

You have morphed from absolute moral rectitude, to "if they were guilty , or had a decent upbringing, the death penalty is fine."

No, don't really subscribe to that, many crims come from good backgrounds (oft Eton/Oxbridge I jest slightly) But if we as society allow state execution, then when an innocent is executed we are complicit in that.

I don't understand the manslaughter plea/verdict.

If the yobs didn't know PC Harper was there then surely they must be innocent.

If they did know he was there how can they claim they did not mean to kill him. WTF did they expect to happen?

And you would be prepared to be the executioner personally?

Live should mean life in prison in certain circumstances, but taking a life for revenge simply makes a country uncivilised!
re. Manchester bomb attack
And would you be prepared to lock someone in a little cell for the rest of their lives, look in on them every day to make sure they are suffering enough?

For me locking someone up in a prison cell for the rest of their lives is an act of revenge, a long term torture - and it is this revenge/torture that seems uncivilised to me. Getting rid now is the act of mercy and that is what I would do, or at least offer them that option.

Your position is confused, Eddie.

Either , we are

.... or we are not.

You have morphed from absolute moral rectitude, to "if they were guilty , or had a decent upbringing, the death penalty is fine."

I have? Ok for clarity the death sentence isn't fine or justified for anyone regardless of background.

Bump em off I say

And whilst we are at it we can bump off

That bloke who kidnapped and killed that little girl in Scotland

That bloke who stabbed Joe Cox

That bloke who threw that little French boy off that roof

That Soham bloke who killed those 2 little girls

No doubt as to there guilt so bump em all off

Not bothered as to what means is used either

If there is any doubt to there guilt than they don't get bumped off

All those on my list no doubt as to there guilt

No doubt what's so ever

Bump em off