Pc harper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Agree. In the same way I like eating meat but I'm not to keen on the whole slaughter/butcher thing.

I reckon all meat eaters, myself included should visit an abattoir. Bet it would either make one a veggie or appreciate meat more.

Sponsored Links
I reckon all meat eaters, myself included should visit an abattoir. Bet it would either make one a veggie or appreciate meat more.
Did you ever see that programme on TV called 'Kill it, cook it, eat it'? They'd kill an animal, cook it and eat it all in front of a live TV audience. A bit queasy at times.

And how many of those animals live their lives. People should see caged/battery farming, I think it would make a few veggie..

, but taking a life for revenge simply makes a country uncivilised!

Utter bowlocks, and the usual yellow-bellied flake cop out. Are you trying to say we were a less civilised country in the 50s when we had capital punishment? I think the crime stats would prove you wrong. In the 50s a murder was big news. Places like London today, it's just another daily occurrence.

Last edited:
And you would be prepared to be the executioner personally?

Live should mean life in prison in certain circumstances, but taking a life for revenge simply makes a country uncivilised!

Well I could not, but I wouldn't stop anyone else who volunteered to do it. These are banged to rights, completely worthless citizens who will simply cost the country a lot of money to keep in a prison for x years and for what? Are they going to reform, seems very unlikely - they will just cause more problems once out.

No, don't really subscribe to that, many crims come from good backgrounds (oft Eton/Oxbridge I jest slightly) But if we as society allow state execution, then when an innocent is executed we are complicit in that.

Sometimes there can be absolutely no doubt of guilt, as in these cases. Are these people deserving of any sympathy at all - in my book, not what so ever. Hanging is too good for them They were laughing whilst appearing at court and waving to the media.

I went to an abattoir to price a job, it was just after closing time and probably as clean as an operating theatre (exaggeration) but the tubs of organs, eyes, spleens etc were gross

I would refuse any work in an slaughter house

And would not set foot in one

Don't go in butcher shops either

Agree. In the same way I like eating meat but I'm not to keen on the whole slaughter/butcher thing.

Whenever I drove to Shell or Porthmadog during the lambing season, watching the little blighters springing about in the fields, I often swore I would never eat lamb again.
The following Sunday I would hang my head in shame.

A fellow sparky was sent to an abattoir on xmas eve, the staff had been on the lash and what he saw destroyed his faith in human nature

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back